SHAKE CAKE RECIPES PLEEEAAASE!!

Dena73
on 9/14/11 4:20 am - Hamilton, NJ

I already have a shake cake recipe thread book marked.  I know that there are a few different types and variations out there.  If you could help, I would be grateful!!!

I tried to make them once before, It was not pretty, yikes.  I would like to try them again!

Thanks so much for your help!!

Dena

HW 294..... SW 277..... CW 161 ..... GW 160???
DOODLESNJ AND ELLEN G. ARE MY ANGELS   R.I.P. Faith...Beautiful Angel 8/26/10, you will be missed by all, gone but never forgotten <3 <3 <3
DENA    

(deactivated member)
on 9/14/11 5:58 am - Beverly, NJ
Right now I'm hooked on EggFaces I like to slice them up, toast them and slather them with butter

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2010/04/that-takes-cake.html
beemerbeeper
on 9/14/11 6:36 am - AL
I make these 4-5 times a day.

3 T splenda to taste
1 T dark cocoa
2-3 T veg. oil
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 scoop chocolate or chocolate PB protein powder
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

enough water to make a thin batter.  Stir well then stir some more.  You may have to add a little more water.  Keep stirring.

Nuke for 40 seconds.

I top mine with SF LandOLakes whipped cream for 0 carbs.

I use a lot of oil as I need it.

If it is too runny you just need to nuke it longer

Taste the batter before you nuke it.  If it tastes good the cake will too.  I find it has to be topped with either whipped cream, cool whip or CarbSmart ice cream or it is too dry. 

The type of container you cook it in also changes the length of time you have to cook it.  So just be prepared to experiement on your first 2-3 times.

Let me know how yours turns out.

~Becky

butercup
on 9/14/11 8:01 am - Kennewick, WA
It would also be helpful if people said the kind of protein powder they use.
beemerbeeper
on 9/14/11 11:13 am - AL
You can use any type of protein powder you want.  This recipe covers up the taste of the protein powder completely.  This is a good way to use up any protein powder you don't like.

~Becky

butercup
on 9/14/11 11:39 am - Kennewick, WA
OK.  I'm not that familiar with protein powders yet.  I don't know if a scoop for one brand is bigger or smaller than another.  Or if one works better than the other.

I do have some unflavored powder to use up, of course Super Supplements said they'd take it back if I didn't like it.
elixir
on 9/14/11 1:32 pm - MI
I use Becky's recipe w/the exception of using Truvia instead of Splenda and coconut oil instead of canola. My favorite protein powder to use is BSN Lean Dessert Protein Chocolate Fudge flavor. Once in a while I add a tablespoon or two of PB2 powdered peanut butter to it and it tastes like a peanut butter cup cake. Yum!

I am not like I was before. I thought that nothing would change me. ~Sinead O'Connor

teachmid
on 9/14/11 8:06 am - OKC, OK
I use the Champion whey stack chocolate. LOVE this recipe!!!!
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

butercup
on 9/14/11 11:41 am - Kennewick, WA
I'll have to try Champion powder.  It seems to be a popular one.
hollyweasel
on 9/14/11 9:36 pm - MI
This is fantastic!  I have been trying to choke down these gross shakes - but I know I can eat them as cake without a problem!

DS Surgery in Detroit Medical Center on 8/17/11.
Start Weight: 386