Revision

dana712
on 9/14/11 10:06 am
Hi All

I had my RNY to DS revision on July 20,2011. I am down 28 pounds. Is it normal to vomit after eating. Toinght i had  3 baby shrimp and 2 bites of a sparerib. I feel fine, then i get this pain and about 1 hr later I vomit. Is this normal? It happens with certain foods I try to eat.

Thanks
Dana

sandy_mt
on 9/14/11 10:13 am
 Hi Dana, 

I had my revision on July 11.  I don't know if it's normal or not, but I vomit sometimes too-usually with the denser protein.  I have vomited on spare ribs as well.  It's definitely getting better and can keep food down better, but I just had an episode yesterday with chicken.  

Sandy

teachmid
on 9/14/11 10:18 am, edited 9/14/11 10:30 am - OKC, OK
Dana,

I had my revision with Dr. Keshishian last Dec and I did that for months. I had and occasionally still, have problems with dense proteins especially in the evenings. It definitely got better over time....about 6 months. Dr. K also suggested eating fattier meats and fish. I do great with shrimp.

A suggestion...if you put something more specific in the title of your post rather than just "revision" you might get more responses.

Are you taking a PPI and eating slowly?
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

dana712
on 9/14/11 10:31 am
Hi

Yes i eat slowly,it seems to be at dinner that I vomit. Ocassionally at lunch, the other day i made tuna fish and it came up. last week i ate tunafish and it stayed down. One day is good and one day is bad.
I had a wendys chili for lunch today, and it stayed down. I am eating a lot of cheese, eggs and i am so sick of it. That seems to stay down.
What is PPI?

Thanks
Dana
teachmid
on 9/14/11 11:28 am - OKC, OK
PPI for stomach acid, etc. I'm on Nexium. Dr. K said it's been his experience that people with revisions, like us, have more of a problem.

I lived on bacon, shakes, Greek yogurt and cheese for months. They were the only "safe" foods I had. Everything else was really hit and miss. I had the pain and vomiting several times a week, sometimes every evening. Chicken is still iffy for me and I stop eating with the first sign of any problem. I'm 9 months out and have only had a problem 2 or 3 times I the last 6 weeks.

Have you talked with Dr. K about this? I know he got several emails from me and we had several phone conversations. We also discussed it at length at my 6 month check.

I know it's frustrating.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165