OT: Update on painful groin lump

Felicia S.
on 9/13/11 9:15 am - Lincoln, NE
Doc thinks it is an inflamed lymph node and that I probably have some sort of infection, although she doesn't see any source of infection (no fever, no sores, no obvious ingrown hairs, etc.).  She is putting me on 10 days of Augmentin, and I am going to follow up with her in one week.  If it does not seem to be getting better by then, we will decide if we need to do a biopsy or x-ray.  While I was there I asked her if we could order all my labs as I am behind in my labs.  She agreed, so tomorrow I will get my labs drawn and when I follow up with her next week she'll give me my lab results.  I am very run down, so I may need iron infusions again.  We'll see. 

I'm going to do the warm moist soaks that one of you suggested, take my meds, and then follow up next week.  I'm sure it'll be fine.  Thank you everyone!

Felicia
HW 264 SW 248 CW 140.8 GW 140 

(deactivated member)
on 9/13/11 9:20 am - Beverly, NJ
I'm glad you got it looked at! Make sure to keep us updated and good luck Sounds like you have an awesome doc!
teachmid
on 9/13/11 11:27 am - OKC, OK
I'm glad you're getting some treatment. Hope it improves.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

Emily F.
on 9/14/11 10:04 am
Did you have a yeast infection recently? My daughter's yeast infection went into her groin lymph node and it got infection. The lymph node isolated itself bc of the infection. She was in the hospital for 4 days getting IV antibiotics. Funny story actually, I was on vacation.
Felicia S.
on 9/14/11 11:54 am - Lincoln, NE
Hmmm...that is an interesting possibility!!  I know this is TMI for the guys who may be reading, but I have been have WAAAYY more discharge than normal.  It is very thin and clear, so it never occurred to me that it could be a yeast infection...but when I see the doctor next week for my follow up I will ask her if that's possible if it doesn't seem to be any better.  LOL...a week of this Augmentin will probably give me one if I don't have one already. Sigh...the joys of being a woman!!

Your poor daughter!!!  4 days in the hospital on antibiotics??? Wow!
HW 264 SW 248 CW 140.8 GW 140 

Emily F.
on 9/14/11 10:09 pm
Yeah. I bet that is what is going on if you don't have any.other signs of infection. My daughters yeast infection wasn't horrible so not what happened. We were 500 mikes away from home on a weekend trip. She was 18 months old. We took her to the childrens hospital er in the middle of the night. I only had clothes for two days. Had to go buy underwear for the stay. My husband had to leave w her twin and go home to work so I was alone. Fun. Fun. Not. Lol.