Tummy pain

clpeltz
on 9/14/11 2:22 am
I have a call into my Dr. but wanted to see if any of you have had this experience. I have been having consistent pain about two inches below the rib cage and about an inch to the left of my incision. I have had this pain since about 10 weeks out. I mentioned it at my 3 month appt, but the Dr said it was probably muscle strain from working out. So here I am at almost 4 1/2 months out and I am still having the same pain. It is every day, all day. Not intense pain, but there non the less. Yesterday and today it has been worse. When I change positions it flares up. I haven't noticed any change in the pain with drinking or eating. If I press on the area, it is tender to the touch and sensitive. I get relief from applying pressure and heat to the area, but as soon as I let go of the area it begins to ache again. There is no bulge/hard area that I can feel. It is just very annoying and concerning since it is not going away. Has anyone experienced this? It is more intense today which is why I called the Dr.

RNY to DS Revision 4/29/2011
Dr. Henry Buchwald

"Think twice.....Cut ONCE"

Dena73
on 9/14/11 4:22 am - Hamilton, NJ
I am curious as to what the Dr. tells you.  I get this from time to time and my sister is experiencing this today.  I, however, do have a hernia so I just usually chalk it up to the hernia being aggravated. 

I hope you feel better soon!

HW 294..... SW 277..... CW 161 ..... GW 160???
DOODLESNJ AND ELLEN G. ARE MY ANGELS   R.I.P. Faith...Beautiful Angel 8/26/10, you will be missed by all, gone but never forgotten <3 <3 <3
DENA    

Justin K.
on 9/14/11 7:04 am - Grand Island, NE

Was your surgery open or lap?

I ask because I have similar pain (mine was open).  When they closed me up they used a type of suture material that does NOT dissolve, this generally doesn't cause problems, but sometimes it causes the pain you're describing.  If it becomes an issue they can remove it after you've healed as an outpatient procedure.  That's what they told me anyway.

If you had your surgery done laproscopically then I'm not sure, it could be stress on the muscle or a hernia.

Justin

lexusmn
on 9/14/11 11:51 pm - Forest Lake, MN
I'm sure she had an open procedure since Dr Buchwald only does his surgeries open.