Taking a trip to Never, Never land . . .

DivaJojo
on 9/13/11 11:55 pm - Atlanta, GA
Well;

I'm taking the plunge.  I'm going to pick up some pain relief for this fissure that I have aggravated.  Saw my colo-rectal surgeon on Monday afternoon and he said that it is healing, but there is some swelling that indicates possible hroids that added to my pain but definitely sounds like a setback or irritation of the fissure. 

He was not concerned about the other symptoms I mentioned as he said the mild abdominal grumbling is a result of the stool softeners and the fissure swelling alone the most like cause of the pencil thin stools. 

He would not discuss surgery (which I currently have no intention of having****il I'm off the Coumadin for at least two months and would not discuss a colonoscopy until the fissure is better healed.  He wants to see me back in two months to check on my progress and said we could discuss it at that time.

So, even if I wanted surgery, I'm on my own until February and have to figure out a way to deal with the possible setbacks and painful days.  So, I'm off to pick up some OTC "benzocaine."  I've seen a store about 5-10 minutes away from the church I play for and while I'm hoping I won't be spotted going in/coming out, at this point I don't care.  I'm just taking a detour on my way to rehearsal.  I need some additional numbing to help me function.  I know it's getting better, but I still need a little more right now, especially in the mornings.

If a church member sees me, oh well.  If they have the nerve to ask me about it, I'll be honest.  Then, perhaps I'll have some questions of my own.

JoAnn

Diva Jojo:   SW:  440lbs -- CW:  274lbs  --  GW:  240lbs

(deactivated member)
on 9/14/11 1:32 am - Santa Cruz, CA
Why should someone care if they see you coming out of a drugstore??  After all, its not like
a speakeasy or something!

Hope you get some relief soon.

(deactivated member)
on 9/14/11 2:23 am - Bayonne, NJ
She's probably going to an adult store, where you can get better things for anal fissues. Products like anal-eze can help tremendously, and you can't get them at your cvs.
(deactivated member)
on 9/14/11 4:38 am, edited 9/14/11 4:39 am - Santa Cruz, CA
Well, I can certainly understand that!  I can also relate;  I had to buy a going-away gift for a man at work (the coworkers had decided that he NEEDED a blowup doll to take to his Arctic assign-
ment and I was appointed to buy it)  and I was praying I wouldn't be seen either going into the shop orleaving it!!  Fortunately, the salesclerk was perfectly businesslike and let me get out with the
minimum of embarressment!

Maybe she should take a wig and a coat to wear over her church-going outfit!!

I certainly wish her luck!
DivaJojo
on 9/14/11 5:44 am - Atlanta, GA
Well, I'm not referring to a drug store, I'm referring to an Adult store.  Not a place I've ever been.

(deactivated member)
on 9/14/11 6:21 am - Santa Cruz, CA
Well I totally understand your concern.  Please see my earlier response.

Best of luck.
(deactivated member)
on 9/14/11 2:26 am - Bayonne, NJ
Feel better, and do whatever it takes. I'm so sorry you're going through this.
Amy Farrah Fowler
on 9/14/11 3:46 am
If you're worried because you are buying it from an adult sex toy type store, don't. I guarantee some of them have been in there for weirder things.

I had a single bout (and please don't let there be a second) with fissures, and ordered some strong benzicaine and lidocaine on line, and received it less than 20 hours later, and it was NOT express mail. Sometimes Amazon just rocks like that. I ordered a larger tube that took longer, but was dirt cheap at allDayChemist.com as well.

DivaJojo
on 9/14/11 5:46 am - Atlanta, GA
Thanks, I just didn't want to wait another day with the store right there.  I'm gonna get it and see how it gets me through rehearsal on that dang piano bench.  I'll sleep better tonight knowing, hopefully, tomorrow morning at work won't be so bad.

DivaJojo
on 9/14/11 5:47 am - Atlanta, GA
I was like a hot-potato last  Sunday.  Hopefully they just thought I had the holy ghost.