How Do You All Do With Salads?

elixir
on 9/13/11 8:02 am - MI
I don't eat them often, but from time to time a salad sounds really good so I have one. About two or three weeks ago I made one with a little bit of romaine lettuce, lots of shredded cheddar, sliced boiled egg, two pieces of crumbled bacon and full fat ranch dressing. It was so good that I had another for dinner the same night. I didn't notice that it caused much of a difference in my bowel movements at all. 

I am not like I was before. I thought that nothing would change me. ~Sinead O'Connor

airbender
on 9/13/11 6:39 am
I have no issue with salads at all, I put cheese, protein and lots of dressing-yummo
NoMore B.
on 9/13/11 6:43 am
 I have no issues with salad.  Early out I avoided them because I would be stuffed from just getting in my protein rich food.  After about 6-8 months from surgery I started eating them with no problem.

It's definitely YMMV, though.  My brother - same surgery, same surgeon, same CC length, - told me for him it's "lettuce in = lettuce out".
(deactivated member)
on 9/13/11 6:57 am
I load them with chicken or grilled steak, bacon, cheese, nuts, and dressing. Haven't had any issues with them. Spinach salads are my favorite at the moment.
AllieInOntario
on 9/13/11 7:03 am
I can't wait to have a California spinach salad with poppy seed dressing. :)  Put that on the list for shopping.
Pick your surgery first, then your surgeon. Not the other way around.  
PS:... Potato chips should be a food group.

I'm tired of screwing with that damn health widget.
 I've lost 125 pounds to date!!!!
   And I'm UNDER 190 now!!! 

dgb123
on 9/13/11 7:03 am - Fairfax, VA
I'm 5 1/2 months out and have been eating salads for at least 2 months.  I also load them up with protein: boiled eggs, cheese, bacon, chicken and LOTS of blue cheese dressing!!

Donna

Julie R.
on 9/13/11 8:07 am - Ludington, MI
 I actually get NERVOUS if I don't have a salad at least every couple of days.   I love fresh veggies.
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

healthierme
on 9/13/11 10:09 am - Triangle, NC
I would LOVE to have a salad, but it would not love me. I keep trying again every couple of months to see if it's any better, and I always end up asking myself "what was I thinking?"
I hope you have better luck!

HW 300ish / SW 280 / CW 162.8/ GW 140?

Jolly Rancher
on 9/13/11 10:16 am
I do absolutely fine with salads. They are one of the foods that I never have a problem eating. No bathroom issues associated either. I know many experience what looks like the same thing going in, coming out, but I'm not one of those people and never have been. Love a good salad.
Janice

320/170/150
SW/CW/GW
(deactivated member)
on 9/13/11 10:30 am
I eat salad, but only the baby lettuce mixes that come in the bags or plastic containers.

I cannot tolerate iceberg or mature romaine.  The baby lettucesseem to be more flavorful, and they look more interesting. 

I load them with protein - eggs, cheese, meat, seafood - whatever else I have on hand that's proten rich.  I use full-fat salad dressings.  My favorites - Kraft Tangy Tomato Bacon and Poppyseed.