A wow at 22 months/body dismorphia with pics thrown in for good measure...

(deactivated member)
on 9/12/11 12:48 pm - Yorktown, VA
I went shopping with a friend and she needed new underwear.  Well, I do too since all of mine are too big now and I've not gotten around to buying any.  So we go into the Jockey outlet store and neither of us have any idea what size we need.  (She is visiting from Australia and their sizes are different.)  So the sales lady says based on my pants size I need a size 5 underwear.....the size that is on the manniquin.  My reaction is, "No ******g way I'm as small as that manniquin!  That thing is T.I.N.Y!"  My friend and the sales lady both "argue" with me about it and she tells me to try on a pair there in the store over my jeans.  So I do and THEY FIT! 

This is not an "Oh my god I got into a small size" post.  (I've been wearing a 6/8 in pants for close to a year now.)  This is a demonstration of how, despite having been pretty much the same size for a year, I really still don't quite get how small my new body is.  I just knew there was no ******g way that I was the same size as that manniquin.  It was WAY too tiny!  I mean TINY!  I still can't grasp it, even though I know it logically as the damned underwear does fit me.  It's like I have body dismorphia.

I also still see pics of myself and realize that, while I know I'm pretty small now (5'7" and a size 6), I still really don't feel or see myself as small as I am.

For instance this pic of me a friend too this weekend......

And especially this one at the beach.....

J G.
on 9/12/11 1:29 pm

Tessy, I'm sure glad that sales lady made your try on those panties over your jeans or you would have come home with ones that were way to big!  (Hey, you could have taken a picture of that!  Kinky!)  Underwear are way too expensive, even at the outlet, to buy the wrong size, right?

I bet a lot of us still have the picture of our old selves in our minds.  The other night, I made the mistake of saying that maybe something or other would make me loose weight.  My DH quickly jumped at me an said that I didn't need to loose anymore weight!  And I'm not nearly as tiny as you.

I can see where this would really get to you, 'cause mannequins are really really small.  Maybe put a set of before and after pics on your frig or something where you would have to see it everyday?????

(deactivated member)
on 9/12/11 2:06 pm - Yorktown, VA
I do that, too!  I'll read or hear about some weightloss thing and will instinctively wonder if it'll work before I remember that I don't NEED that anymore!  LOL!
Jennifer D.
on 9/12/11 1:34 pm
That beach shot is hotter than the Brooke Shields photo it brings to mind! w0w.
                                      Jennifer
          Thank you Cheri and Holly!
       Think twice, cut once! I've had 3 surgeries now, RNY, VSG and DS .
                                Ask me about the DS or visit dsfacts.com
2002 - RNY
2010 - RNY to VSG
2011 - Full DS-August 24th
                HW 311   SW 306  CW 235  GW 150
(deactivated member)
on 9/12/11 2:04 pm - Yorktown, VA
You make a gal blush!
Felicia S.
on 9/12/11 1:36 pm - Lincoln, NE
You truly look amazing.  I am the same size (6/8) and same weight (144), but I am an inch shorter and do not think I look anywhere near as good as you do.  I told my ex that I wanted to lose 9 pounds to get to 135 and he said, "You're crazy...you're TOO skinny as it is."  Hmm...it's amazing how we can't see that.  I think some of my dysmorphic issues stems from my lack of plastics.  It blows my mind to think that maybe after I have my tummy tuck I'll fit into size 5 undies...mine are size 6 right now and I can't imagine wearing smaller underwear.  You really look beautiful, and I bet your hubby is loving every minute of it.
HW 264 SW 248 CW 140.8 GW 140 

(deactivated member)
on 9/12/11 1:53 pm - Yorktown, VA
My husband would actually be thrilled if I gained about 20 or 30 pounds back!  LOL!  His preference is actually a little "thicker" than I am right now, but he never complains!  :) 

We're both still getting used to me at this size. 
Felicia S.
on 9/12/11 2:30 pm - Lincoln, NE
I think my BF has mixed feelings.  Sometimes he tells me, "You need to eat more muneca...you're too thin" but at other times he tells me (when he sees me eating fatty yummy food), "Watch what you eat muneca...you worked too hard to get where you are and don't want to gain it all back."  Well, he's sort of clueless...can't fully comprehend how our DS works...but I love him anyway.  One point that he does make is that I need to exercise more....it's good for everyone (him included), so I don't take offense at that...but I truly believe he only says it because he mistakenly believes if I exercise it will get rid of my loose skin...like I said, clueless...but what can ya do?  I just nod and smile (kinda like we all do or did with our nutritionists! lol)  We'll see what he says once I get my plastics...I'm sort of looking forward to his reaction, but am definitely doing it for ME...I can't wait! :) :) :)
HW 264 SW 248 CW 140.8 GW 140 

Ms. Cal Culator
on 9/12/11 1:44 pm - Tuvalu

Okay now, fess up...how long has it been since you last asked your spouse/sister/bff, "See that woman right there?  Are we about the same size?"

(deactivated member)
on 9/12/11 1:55 pm - Yorktown, VA
Actually, I haven't done that in awhile that I can recall!  I think that I thought I had finally attained a really good grasp on how I look up until the underwear incident 2 weeks ago!  Apparently I was wrong!  LOL!