confused about carbs!

newyorkbitch
on 9/12/11 1:42 pm
It took me about 2.5 years to get to goal  and you're not even 3 years out and you are older than I was and we are both muscular.

So basically we lost at similar rates,  and I had sagging skin (which got worse after goal - you're barely there) and your skin is (so far) okay for you.

I didn't "do" anything different than you did,  and perhaps our skin responded differently.

Genetics.  Now you tell me what else it could be. 

Your carb intake has nothing to do with your skin sag.

My fluff didn't get worse and worse - I had it all taken care of surgically eventually. 

And only time and age will tell how you will feel about your skin.  Everybody is different.

Nina E.
on 9/12/11 2:04 pm

You said it took 2 year in the deleted post. but never mind.

So wait, are you saying you lost in stages and didnt severly restrict your carbs?? and it took 2.5 years to lose. well **** I guess your are right! Carbs have nothing to do with it. It's genetics.

You win. congrats on your loss and your cosmetics! It is not your fault or anyones fault that you had the results you had. I am definately not placing any blame on anyone. I am just saying there are no hard nor fast rules. We may love cookies on the dark side but we are not all cookie cutter DS-er's, as you have helped to point out.

Me?  I'm gonna ride this out... my way. Happy poops, cool genetically happy teenage body again (only this time im going to enjoy it rather than think i am fat like i did when I was ACTUALLY a teenager). But best of all NO cosmetics.

Don't  get me wrong. I would have fought tooth and nail for cosmetics. I thought I would need them because of what I had heard. My goal was not to need them (even though I knew it was a dream) so to me, in MY journey, I am a success. Why is my success story not as valid as the next person's? Why must what I say be discounted and dismissed as hogwash.  WHo made you or anyone the be all know all of the DS?

I  may have said I disagreed on severly restriciting carbs. I personally don't feel it's wrong to experiement.  have all experimented. You know that. But at least I didn't start a mass ass whippin on a vegitarian ds-er.. Now that's cruel. We have it pretty darn good, dontcha think?  We eat meat.  She has a rough road ahead. Although from what I am reading she had it under control and is enjoying her DS ride. It should be a nice learning experience and enjoyable somewhat. Jeesh.. I'm not sayin go out and eat cake and candy to your hearts content and you know it.

There are other ways to get your message across.. beat me up. sure. I am 3 years out (oct 15th) but she is only 3 months out. why be so freaking vigilante? You said yourself. other people did it perfectly and had lots of skin and others did it not perfectly and got lucky with genetics. what is our happy vegi DSer has good genetics? No one can predict anything. just enjoy the ride. Don't go all crazy but enjoy it.

Nina ~~   BMI was 52, now 26.1 (normal). From size 26/28 to 10 pants and 2xl/24 shirt to xs/sm shirts. SW/CW/surgean Goal/mynew GW 322/161/180/165     I Heart MY DS!!

newyorkbitch
on 9/12/11 9:22 pm
fluffy_me is not talking about her skin - it is YOU who have turned this into a discussion about YOUR skin.

And you still haven't explained why you think that your skin hasn't sagged (and why you expected it to when you're not even a normal BMI and haven't been at your goal for very long at all)

Nina E.
on 9/13/11 8:36 am

yawn. beating a dead horse to death. boring.

Your wonderul tight post plastics bod. two thumbs up.

Now go flame someone else. I'm sure you have absolutely nothing better to do now that you are at goal, have eaten the 2.5 grams of carbs you allow yourself to eat, and have eaten all your protein and vits like a good little ds-er. perfect model ds-er. YOU GO GIRL!

I am sorry you evidently ride the short bus but I have patiently repeated my reasonings and even solicited your reasonings why I am happy with my s k i n. I can only dumb it down so much.  Can't even seem to add or read enough to NOT sound like one of God's special children.  No go bug someone else. shoo fly, you bother me,

yeah, not diggin ya so much at this point. Just sayin. ;) *mua*

By the way your profile pic ROCKS!! So do your before and after pics! you are soooo inspiring. oohhh ahhhh

Nina ~~   BMI was 52, now 26.1 (normal). From size 26/28 to 10 pants and 2xl/24 shirt to xs/sm shirts. SW/CW/surgean Goal/mynew GW 322/161/180/165     I Heart MY DS!!

newyorkbitch
on 9/13/11 9:17 am
This is a public website. I am a private person.

But you still haven't answered the question - how do you explain your notion that your skin is (unusally) taught for a DSer not quite 3 years out,  who is still "overweight?" 

You lost 142 lbs in 18 mos - do you think thats slow?

Jolly Rancher
on 9/13/11 10:31 am
She is a ******g nut in her philosophy and is bound and determined to veer newbies in the wrong direction. I don't for a second believe she "controlled" her weight loss and decided when she was going to start losing again. To me, that just sounds foolish. She always likens the fact that we don't have loose skin on our hands to the rest of our bodies. Hello, our hands are relatively small to begin with and YES, I do have lose skin and wrinkles on my hands. They look much older than I am! I mentioned that in a response to her previously and it went ignored. I only hope that people can see beyond this idiocy and not think that eating carbs leads to less skin issues....well, I guess it might if you eat enough carbs to never get to goal......whatever.
Janice

320/170/150
SW/CW/GW
newyorkbitch
on 9/13/11 11:25 am
Yep,  her douchebagness is becoming clearer with every post.
Elizabeth N.
on 9/13/11 11:50 am - Burlington County, NJ
Congratulations, you finally wore me out.

Nina E.
on 9/12/11 1:42 pm
It took actually took 18 months.  The DS window was not breached! :)  PHEW!

dustydeer
on 9/12/11 10:05 am, edited 9/11/11 10:06 pm
I say ..EAT UP! If you fill your poor tiny little tummy up by eating loads of carbs, crapping and farting yourself silly why not? Ah...forget that little voice in the back of your head that says...eat some protein because the surgery YOU chose makes you malabsorb it.

I mean, you had the right idea pre-surgery on exactly what to eat to stay healthy, why on earth not listen to yourself and ignore everyone who has your exact makeup now? Sounds perfectly reasonable to me.

As a matter of fact, I think everyone should go out today, get their stomach cut down, cut their intestines to seperate them so that they have a chance in hell at losing weight and turn right around and see if they can't test to see exactly how many different foods and amounts of them they can possibly chuck down and NOT lose weight.

Yup, sanity at work here.

5'1 HW 298 CW 118

"Making America skinny, one slap atta time!" -Slap Chop Dude