Julian bread - A rave for earthy bread

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 9/12/11 7:24 am
I don't remember who I initially saw with a post about this, but Thank you! The angels are singing your name.

I found some Julian bread locally (in 2 stores!!) and bought the low carb (1 net carb) cinnamon raisin, sourdough, and manna from heaven. I knew it was expensive, and was too cheap to mail order, so waited until I found it here.

Now, I hate "Wonder" type breads (which is only worthy of squashing into balls to throw), and Dave's Killer breads are the types I like, so was pleasantly surprised with Julian bread. It's no Dave's, but it's earthy bread, which is what I like. I can finally have toast and grilled cheese sammies again!

teachmid
on 9/12/11 7:31 am - OKC, OK
I sure wish I could find it locally. The shipping is just too expensive.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 9/12/11 2:46 pm
I went to the web site and entered my zip code, and voila! They didn't have anything near me last time I checked.
NoMore B.
on 9/12/11 7:35 am
 I love the Julian bread!  Try making some French Toast with the cinnamon raisin.  I dip it in eggs whipped up with some cream, and fry in butter.  Heaven on a plate.
trxxyy
on 9/12/11 1:45 pm - Orange County, CA
I LOVE Julian low carb bread.  I bought some of the sourdough and I don't like it as much as the low carb #1 and #2.  This is kind of surprising because normally I prefer sourdough over white or wheat bread. 

I noticed in another "bread" thread a few down from this one you posted that you paid $5.99 a loaf, that is a pretty good price.  The first time I bought a loaf of #1 I paid $8.59 at Whole Foods here in Orange County, I have to say it was worth every penny but I made it last for a few weeks.  I have now found it at Mother's Market for more like $6.50 a loaf.

Ms. Cal Culator
on 9/12/11 1:54 pm - Tuvalu

I have to disagree on the uses of Wonder-type bread.  You can also moosh some up with Elmer's school glue and make cute little trinkets and ornaments.