Everything happens for a reason (OT)

Shavonne P.
on 9/12/11 6:36 am, edited 9/12/11 6:42 am
This will probably be lengthy, so I apologize in advance. 

I worked for Time Warner Cable for 9 years before getting laid off last summer.  Well it wasn't really a lay off.  They did some reorganizing of departments and my job was moved to Portland, ME.  So if I wanted to move, and take a pay cut, I could have kept my job. 

This job I knew like the back of my hand, I advanced fairly quickly, and was making good money.  No other department in the company was willing to pay me what I was making so I took the severance and left.  I began working for another company.  I like it, but I am not "comfortable".  The job is pretty boring, not challeging enough for me.  But the people are good here, and I was able to advance after being here for only 6 months.  Still not making the money I was making with TWC.

I originally started looking to a revision after I had my son in 2009.  The insurance I had (MVP) is an insurance thats basically just in upstate NY.  So in-network to local doctors (not my Dr Roslin).  And the bariatric doctors here only do RNY, VSG, and lapband (lame).  When going back to my original surgeon about my weight gain, he basically told me suck it up and see a nutritionist.  I went to another bariatric group to get a consult with them, but once they saw I was a revision, and that my original surgeon was still practicing locally, they wouldn't see me.  I guess it's a "respect" thing.  Whatev.   So I start yo-yo dieting assuming getting a revision is a no go for me.

I leave TWC June 2010, start my new job August 2010. I have Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance now.  Believe it or not, the insurance was not as good as the last insurance I had but they do cover revisions. So after researching, consulting with 2 DS docs, I decide to go with Dr Roslin.

RNY to DS revision June 2012.

About a month ago a manager at Time Warner Cable sought after me to apply for a Project Manager position she had coming up.  More money than I make now, and more money than I left there making.  Shorter commute, free cable, roadrunner and phone.  Just amazing.  I interviewed 3 weeks ago.

Got the call today that I got the job, and I start the 26th!  God works in mysterious ways. 

So basically just making a life change for a year that I was never fully comfortable with, helped me get my DS I wanted so badly!!  Now I am back with the company that I truly always loved working for  as a healthier, slimming down me!  They have insurance packages that are accepted by my surgeon so follow up care won't be an issue. 

I am a firm believer EVERYTHING happens for a reason. 

Nothing feels better than being able to go into ANY store and fit their clothes!
RhondaDenise
on 9/12/11 6:42 am - Crossville, TN
How AWESOME for you.

I totally agree with you and my motto is the same

'EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON"

We may not know what it is right now but it does become clear.

Congrats and good luck to you.

Shavonne P.
on 9/12/11 6:45 am
Thank you! Took me a long time to realize "Everthing happens for a reason".  I always wanted instant gratification.  I am glad patience finally kicked in.
Nothing feels better than being able to go into ANY store and fit their clothes!
teachmid
on 9/12/11 6:48 am - OKC, OK
Great news! I, too, believe that.,,,,everything for a reason.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

Ms. Cal Culator
on 9/12/11 7:08 am, edited 9/12/11 7:08 am - Tuvalu

Well...I'm an atheist who doesn't believe that ANYTHING happens for a reason...but I'm glad you're happy.  I hope that's okay.

Sue
Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 9/12/11 7:12 am
Congrats on the new job and the awesome coverage!
For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

NoMore B.
on 9/12/11 7:37 am
 How awesome Shavonne!  Congratulations.

And maybe we can sneak in another lunch or dinner before Kenya's surgery?  Let me know.
Shavonne P.
on 9/12/11 10:53 pm
Shavonne P.
on 9/12/11 10:54 pm

Thanks Joanne!  That sounds good.  Maybe next Friday evening we can do dinner, or Saturday lunch.  I am baby free!  :) I will ask Kenya

elixir
on 9/12/11 7:49 am - MI
I'm so glad everything is working out so well for you, Shavonne! Patience isn't my strong suit either, but sounds like things definitely worked out for the better. Congrats!

I am not like I was before. I thought that nothing would change me. ~Sinead O'Connor