Tomorrow's the Big Day!

lwoznick
on 9/11/11 11:46 pm - Green Bay, WI
Well, tomorrow at this time I'll be on my way to joining those on the Dark Side! My surgery with Dr. Buchwald is scheduled for 7 a.m. in Minneapolis. I'm not really that nervous about the surgery, but am about having to endure that NG tube for a few days, or until I poop! I'll be asking for a suppository immediately post op! LOL!  If anyone has any last minute words of wisdom to pass on to me, I'd certainly appreciate it. I'm packing and taking care of final arrangements before we leave tonight to drive to Minneapolis. I appreciate all of the helpful advice I've received from everyone on this site thus far. If you have any advice for making that NG tube any easier to tolerate, I'd appreciate that! Thanks to all for your valuable insights and support! I'll give you an update as soon as I'm able. My angel, Julie, from Ludington, will try to fill you in while I'm in the hospital.

Warmest wishes,

Lisa

HW 293, SW 282, LW (Post RNY) 202, SW Pre-DS 242, CW 219 GW 140
Julie from Ludington, MI is my Angel!

teachmid
on 9/11/11 11:48 pm - OKC, OK
The Morphine pump made the NG tube tolerable. I was so gorked I just didn't care. LOL. I do remember the sore throat though.

Best wishes tomorrow.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

lwoznick
on 9/12/11 6:20 am - Green Bay, WI
Thanks, Gail! I can't have morphine because I'm allergic to it. But I hope whatever they give me for pain will render me into a state where I don't care either!

teachmid
on 9/12/11 6:32 am - OKC, OK
You'll get some strong stuff for pain and I'm sure it'll help with the NG tube, I know you're concerned about it.

Be thinking of you tomorrow,
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

Frankie
on 9/11/11 11:57 pm - NY
Good luck to you tomorrow.  Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Best,
Frankie

lwoznick
on 9/12/11 6:20 am - Green Bay, WI
Thanks, Frankie! Looks like your big day is fast approaching too! Good luck to you as well!

no_more_rolls
on 9/12/11 12:23 am, edited 9/12/11 12:23 am - Jackson, MI
Making room on the loser's bench!  Here's to a healthy, speedy, and uneventful recovery!

I do remember having to do one emabrrassing thing while in the hospital.  I couldn't wipe right (or bend) because my stomach was sore.  So here I am in the bathroom trying to figure out how to wipe.  For my comfort, I decided to stand and put one foot on the toilet seat.  So there I am unsteady on my feet, holding on to my IV pole, with my night gown hiked up around me, and 1 foot on the toilet seat when an inconsiderate nursing aide (didn't knock) comes in and catches me in mid-wipe.  I didn't know whether to be embarrassed or yell at her.  So I did both!  LOL

Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.  
DONT BE AFRAID TO FAIL......BE AFRAID NOT TO TRY! 
highest weight 313/ surgery 255 / current 185 / goal 135  Height 5'6"

lwoznick
on 9/12/11 6:22 am - Green Bay, WI
Oh, that story's a hoot! That certainly made your experience memorable! And I'm sure that nurse's aide won't soon forget the experience either. You probably taught her to knock first from now on! LOL! Thanks for the well wishes!

larra
on 9/12/11 1:38 am - bay area, CA
You can ask that your throat be sprayed with something to numb it if the NG tube really bothers you. That numb feeling ain't great either, but it might help.

Good luck tomorrow!

Larra
lwoznick
on 9/12/11 6:27 am - Green Bay, WI
Thanks for that tip, Larra. I'll ask the surgeon about it tomorrow if I need it post op. He did tell me he will use a thin, flexible tube and will try to make me as comfortable as possible while I have to have it in. Perhaps that numbing agent will help too! Thanks for the well wishes too!