Cross post...The bonds we make.

kirmy
on 9/11/11 11:15 pm - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
Ok I'm bored with the Bullies everywhere drams so pardon my passing reference.

I've been a member of OH for about two years or more (can't remember I'm demented).  I've made some friends about here, people I have grown to genuinely love.....not awwwe aren't they nice but genuinely I WANNA SHARE MY LAST M&M PEANUT WITH YOU. 

One of the so called straight talking bullies phoned me out of the blue to shoot the **** with me and giggle and swear and it struck me how ******g lucky I am. I have wise and well informed friends who give their care freely towards me, who want to know how I'm feeling what I'm thinking and what my plans for the future are. They also tell me to pull my head in when I'm acting like a capricious wanker which happens a lot.  They also pay stupendous international phone rates.....awesome!  I love knowing how they are getting on, it means a lot to me.

There is a lot of love here. Some of the best folk are the ones that give their warmth and love cautiously. When you get it you know you've been given a gift of friendship not a trivial passing moment.  

Extra bit: I've been shown amazing care and warmth from folks on this forum who don't get along with each other but have continued to treat me as an individual and respect my cranky boundaries where conflict is concerned.   I feel honored that you've all (and I mean all) stepped back and let me be my own mad weird island. I am thankful and I am honored that you've treated me so.  Typically I find myself utterly adoring the protagonists in most situations (******g high functioning *****es always press my damn buttons)!   I hope I can make it over there in the next year to visit you all and repay the many kindnesses small and large perpetrated against me.

My advice is to hang in there.  If someone burns your tail feathers don't throw the towel in.  This is just like the first day in a new job.  People will assume you're an arsehole until you show you're not. I guess that is forum life everywhere unless you're posting on an Ecstasy user group.

p.s. that doesn't mean they won't tear you a new arsehole if you're being an idiot BTW.....

p.p.s. I just saw Anna G (our Anna not the dickhead one) post. SQUEEEEE xxxx Anna!

RIP Mickie aka Happychick.  You will be missed deeply.
Heather E.
on 9/11/11 11:39 pm

Well said.

~Heather~

HW: 249/ CW: 130/ GW: 140

Julie R.
on 9/12/11 1:51 am - Ludington, MI
I agree so much.   There are some people on these boards that used to terrify me, and that I thought were the biggest *****es on wheels, that I now admire and like greatly.  We're just all who are we are, and and sometimes it's really difficult to read the true personality (and goodness) of an individual when you've not spent time in their presence, breathing their air, or sharing their M & M's.    By the same token, there have some people on here that I've thought were just wonderful, and I've met them IRL and thought "Yikes - you're a freak!"   (p.s. to MIDS people - NONE of you!  LOL) and I'm sure there are people on these boards who've had one impression of me one line, and met me in IRL and thought "Wow!  What a *****!"
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

marriedmom
on 9/12/11 2:16 am - Middleville, MI
*wipes her forehead*.. whew, Julie, I am so glad you clarified that remark.. ;) I was hoping it wasnt one of us (particularly "me") MIDS, that was a PITA
Always good to hear from you ladies!

hugs
Barb
  5'1.5  HW 280 pre-op 270  GW 150  CW 147

gak
on 9/12/11 12:56 pm
Revision on 06/21/13
Kirmy,
I just have to say I have been here off and on a lot longer than you have been and I thoroughly enjoy your postings ! I do not always comment on them, but I sure enjoy them ! I work on the computer all day and sometimes it is all I can do to skim here and try to keep up. I do not always have the patience to answer the idiots. But I like to answer things I know about or have experienced as I have had quite a journey which has been different from most.

Keep the humor coming ! Just love it ! 

Ginger<><  
 Revision #2 Dr John Rabkin June 21, 2013; First Revision DS - Dr Maguire
  5-18-09; First DS 7-15-2003 Dr Clark Warden = Third time is the charm   

(deactivated member)
on 9/13/11 4:26 pm - Santa Cruz, CA
Hey, if you come to the US of A, you'd better come to Pensacola, FL! White sand, emerald surf, 86 degree F water from the Gulf Stream, tall cold drinks, alligators, humidity, what more could one ask????