New issues and some fear, help please.

DivaJojo
on 9/11/11 8:50 pm - Atlanta, GA
Hi all;

First, my apologies, Diana (Cox), for the blank PM. No net at home, only my phone and it won't let me do pm's for some reason. Still trying to figure it out.

Next, putting recent happenings together and think I have scared myself. Fissure healing okay I think, but what I thought last week was a flare up of it, this weekend I began to think was hamorrhoids. Pain at elimination decreasing and being able to do ny soaks and ointment after with very luttle discomfort, but searing pain when sitting upright or stsnding still. Walking is a little better. But this pain has gotten worse over the last couple days.

Decided to call colo-rec doc monday to fit me in asap, but in the meantime to start treating like hemo and got max prep h cream, began applying and icing area which has helped the tightness.

Then had a little gas to pass but fecal matter was ahead of it so I had a movement, but the stools were pencil thin. Online, 95% almost of what I can find related suggests colo-rectal cancer. Add to that the abdomen feelings I posted about a couple days ago and that ny mother had colon cancer (not what she died of) and voila . . . panic mode. Guess that can happen when you live alone and your brain has free reign to dwell on stuff.
I was in the process of scheduling my five year colonoscopy when the fissure happened, so that got derailed temporarily. But no more, I will just have to deal with the aftermath. Hopefully it won't be as bad or worse than the original fissure pain when I was still constipated.

I know I can't change whatever it is and won't know til doc exakines me, but at the moment scared and just praying it is hemo's or at most benign polyps that can be easily addressed.

Sorry for the whinning, but I had to let it out and really need some encouragement at the moment and other, preferably less devastating possibilities of what it can be.

Diva Jojo:   SW:  440lbs -- CW:  274lbs  --  GW:  240lbs

Kayla B.
on 9/11/11 9:12 pm - Austin, TX
If you have swelling from the fissure, it can cause pencil-thin stools.  Get the colonoscopy, but don't freak too much in the meantime.  In the case of cancer, colon cancer is generally slow-growing and you should be fine until you can get the scope.

I have a dilated colon and even I get pencil thin stools sometimes.  I freaked the first time too--but I thought I had an obstruction.  It was just inflammation causing thin stools.
5'9.5" | HW: 368 | SW: 353 | CW: 155 +/- 5 lbs | Angel to kkanne
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/beforefront-1-1.jpg?t=1247239033http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/th_CIMG39903mini.jpg  
DivaJojo
on 9/11/11 10:04 pm - Atlanta, GA
Thanks for the reply. It was a little better in this mornings sessiion and my head is in a little better place too since there is now only an hour til docs office opens.

I will say that I do feel some tightness when I am walking, and not muscle tightness. Feels like when you have a stool at tgw threshhold . . . but different, if that makes sense.

Diva Jojo:   SW:  440lbs -- CW:  274lbs  --  GW:  240lbs