Bad smell through my mouth

inbal38
on 9/11/11 7:30 pm - Israel
Since the surgery my husband claims I have bad smell going through my mouth breath and even  through the nose. It's characterized by a sweet aroma smell like rotting fruit or vegetable juice and sometimes as garbage cans. Sorry for the descriptions, but I was wondering if anyone else encountered this phenomenon and know how to get rid of it.
The problem is I do not smell at all the smell out of my mouth or airways, and I'm afraid people are shunned and not want to be near me. This lowers my confidence because I do not know when I have a bad smell and then I avoid talking sometimes, for fear it would deter people. Of course, it also hinders intimacy between me and my husband.
I did test for bacteria in the stomach and all is well. I'd like to receive information about the phenomenon if you've run.
Thanks, Inbal.
By the way, it's not my mother tongue and I hope I write in correct way.
Janet P.
on 9/11/11 8:02 pm
Its ketosis (google it). I noticed you just had your surgery. It is very common with the DS because you are eatng little or no carbohydrates. Ketosis means you're burning fat.  There's really not much you can do about it but it will get better with time.

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

Blank Out
on 9/11/11 9:31 pm
 When was your surgery?  If it's ketosis, drink more water.  Also, if you google short bowel syndrome, you will learn that we are more prone to gut bacteria, which means we need to be taking a very good probiotic, 3-4 times per day.   Gut bacteria can cause these bad smells to come from our mouths.  I have had this happen on occasion.   And for me, the daily use of good probiotics has worked well!

HW/ 302  SW/287  CW/140  GW/135

marriedmom
on 9/12/11 2:19 am - Middleville, MI
I had this happen to me this weekend when one of my daughters said my breath smelled like sour milk! I was like wth? So I figured I was just burning some fat and going thru ketosis again but I still feel bad that I smell from both ends, it seems!
  5'1.5  HW 280 pre-op 270  GW 150  CW 147