What is your favorite food......besides bacon!

no_more_rolls
on 9/12/11 12:02 am - Jackson, MI
I'm saving you a seat on the loser's bench!  Then you'll be eating like this before you know it.
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.  
DONT BE AFRAID TO FAIL......BE AFRAID NOT TO TRY! 
highest weight 313/ surgery 255 / current 185 / goal 135  Height 5'6"

(deactivated member)
on 9/11/11 5:04 pm - San Jose, CA

Even though I can afford to eat pretty much whatever I want, I'm not one for spending a lot of time cooking.  I get on "kicks" of certain foods, and tend to eat the same things for a while, and then change to something else.

For the last several months, it is grilled chicken thighs.  For most of that time, it has been buying a box of El Pollo Loco thighs, but the last 2 months or so, I've been buying raw thighs from Costco, marinating them in Lawrey's teriyaki with pineapple marinade, and grilling 7-8 of them at a time - then I eat them cold for breakfast and at least one snack a day.  I love chicken thighs.

This weekend, I also made a fruit salad with poppy seed dressing - peaches, nectarines, bananas, grapes and strawberries.  And my husband has had some dental work and can't eat anything that requires much chewing, so I made deviled eggs.

I also like the PF Chang's frozen beef skillet dinners.  And filet mignon with roasted corn (again, quick grilling meals).  Frozen baby brussels sprouts steamed and drenched with butter too.

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 9/11/11 5:41 pm
LOoovE omelets. 

I prefer bacon in them, but sausage, ham or any meat is fine. And they must have cheese. Again, I'll eat just about any cheese too.

Today was marinated steak strips and blue cheese in the omelet, with a blob of sour cream on top (for calcium, of course!)

Kayla B.
on 9/11/11 9:22 pm, edited 9/11/11 9:22 pm - Austin, TX
I actually don't love bacon too much.  I mean, I like it, yes, but do not crave it.

I go on kicks like Diana.  A couple of months ago, I could not eat enough trail mix.  I seriously would eat like a pound of trail mix in a day, for weeks... lol

I have favorite treats like ice cream and cheesecake...but I mostly just eat those a few times per year.

I really love greek yogurt though.  With fruit.  I buy plain and doctor it.  And I'm a weirdo in that I like the fat free kind and not the full fat.  Yeah, I know.  But I like what I like!  I basically eat it everyday, sometimes twice.  There are periods of time when I tell myself I won't buy it, because it's so expensive and I'll go a few weeks without it.  Then we always find each other again...I'm just addicted.

And if you ever want someone to be jealous of your breakfast.  Bring a nice big tupperware full of greek yogurt, cut strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, etc...with slivered almonds and some pecans.  They'll drool.

5'9.5" | HW: 368 | SW: 353 | CW: 155 +/- 5 lbs | Angel to kkanne
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/beforefront-1-1.jpg?t=1247239033http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/th_CIMG39903mini.jpg  
Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 9/12/11 4:00 am
My favorite is sashimi- all kinds except for tuna (the iron taste is unbearable for me post-op).

Bacon ain't bad though :)
For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

Shavonne P.
on 9/12/11 5:38 am
Besides bacon?  Crab legs, shrimp, lobster (looove the claw meat), tilapia, and salmon cakes.  I eat more fish than anything else right now,  Just easier for me to digest than anything else. 

Although I did have a steak about 2 weeks ago I pan fried in butter and garlic.  First time I had ever made steak, EVER! It was amazing.  Nice and tender. 
Nothing feels better than being able to go into ANY store and fit their clothes!