What is your favorite food......besides bacon!

Anna G.
on 9/11/11 10:42 pm
I eat Popeyes at least a couple times a week. It's a cheap lunch - $2 for one spicy breast which is PLENTY of food for me even 3 years out and there just is no better fried chicken. I have no idea why the breading doesn't bother me because most breading does. I just say a little prayer of thanks and dig in.

Mdae
on 9/11/11 7:03 am
I've been making a lobster bisque lately that's pretty awesome.  Costco has these big packs of mini-lobster tails (frozen), and i soak them in a little sherry and then puree a liquid with some seafood stock, leeks (browned in butter) a little tomato paste, and lots of cream.  gonna bring it to a pirate potluck/party, i think!

some other go-to foods are salmon patties (canned salmon, mixed with egg to bind, cornmeal for crunch, onion - fried, with a little salt and pepper), stew meat, floured and fried, chicken breast seasoned with lawry's topped with bacon, pepperjack cheese, and avocado.  on the go, i opt for summer sausage, pork jerky (more tender), sunflower seeds, pistachios.

no_more_rolls
on 9/11/11 7:43 am - Jackson, MI
 Well let's see...I LOVE food so it's hard to have a favorite anything.  There are some things that
I miss and some things I am glad to do without too.  

Lately I've been eating lots of low carb yogurt, a variety of cheeses ( including brie, gouda, swiss, aged cheddar, cheese rolls, and mozzarella string cheese),  summer sausage, beef sticks, beef jerky, steak, bbq rib tips, and boneless skinless chicken chunks dipped in buffalo sauce with lots of ranch.  I'm one of those people that can eat the same thing everyday for weeks before I get tired of it then I find something else to eat for a while.
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.  
DONT BE AFRAID TO FAIL......BE AFRAID NOT TO TRY! 
highest weight 313/ surgery 255 / current 185 / goal 135  Height 5'6"

(deactivated member)
on 9/11/11 8:05 am
 If it swims, slithers, crawls, walks, runs or flies put it on my plate 'cuz it's protein-based!  If it can't perform any of the aforementioned actions, chances are it's got sugar in it somewhere or breaks down to sugar.  Now, melt bleu cheese on top of it or swim it in a lake of butter and I'll consider you a culinary genius.  How's that for over-simplification?  
Twi light
on 9/11/11 9:56 am - NY
I am very picky regarding bacon, if it is cut too thick it grosse me out to no end.

I do have 11 varities of cheese right now, so i will say cheese is my favorite now

And i LOVE caviar. Hard boiled egg, cut in half with a big tablspoon of red caviar on each half.  Black is too expensive for me to indulge in but we have red periodically.

Tabitha70
on 9/11/11 10:28 am
I don't eat bacon very often because I'm picky about it. I like it thin and crispy...thick and/or chewy is not my thing.

My favorite foods are all seafood! 
I get scallops from BJ's almost every week and would eat those, crablegs and lobster everyday if I could afford to!  I can't imagine ever getting sick of those 3 things.  Luckily they are all good protein..and sooo good in butter! 

Now I've made myself hungry! 

*************************************************************************************

RNY 11/00
with starting BMI of 57. Most lost was 52% EWL and BMI of 41.
Gained back every single pound.
Revision to DS 12/08 with starting BMI of 57 (again)
Over 3 years DS post-op, currently BMI of 26.3 
200lbs. gone as of 6/27/10 !!  I'm HALF of the old me as of 10/8/10 !! ONEderland 3/7/11 !!

LadyDi1970 and I are Angel buddies! 

Julie R.
on 9/11/11 10:32 am - Ludington, MI
 Buffalo wings!!!!   Kielbasa!     Potato chips!  (sorry, had to add that, it's a weakness of mine)  Steak!  Seafood!
Lest you think I only eat protein, I will state that I love fresh veggies so much that I actually get nervous if a day goes by without eating any, so my second favorite food is veggies - raw, fresh, salads, beets, kale, squash - you name it.

Oh, and we can't forget the dark chocolate.   I have a bit every night.
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

meredith_123
on 9/11/11 11:48 am - Waterford, MI
Oh, why did I read this?  It's making me so hungry!!  I can't wait to eat like you guys. 
Surgery is at 12:30 tomorrow , had my last solid food at 6.  I'm already hungry, w/ about 15 hours to go. 
  5'5" -- HW 275/SW 246/GW 130/CW 157      
Mdae
on 9/11/11 4:07 pm
just wanted to wish you a last minute hope for a speedy recovery, and a premature welcome to the loser's bench.  you're going to feel terrible, but it gets SO much better!

meredith_123
on 9/11/11 9:32 pm - Waterford, MI
thanks!!  We're off to the hospital in about 30 minutes. I'm all packed and prepared as best as I can.  I'll have my husband post an update once I'm out of surgery.
  5'5" -- HW 275/SW 246/GW 130/CW 157