What is your favorite food......besides bacon!

SirSamAlot
on 9/11/11 3:58 am - Ellenwood, GA
Though DSers may not agree on all foods,  like the RNYers and VSGers do, I always notice people love bacon. It is like caviar of the post-op DS world. I know why many eat it, because for a Dser, the malabsorption process of the DS stops you from absorbing most of the fats and cholesterol. But besides bacon, what is your favorite food and how often do you eat it?

Samuel E. 
5'10
300 to 310lbs
A teenager seeking the VSG.

jenflock
on 9/11/11 4:29 am - TN
I adore ribeye steaks with buttloads of marbled fat throughout.  Guacamole is another fettish of mine. BUT!! my absolute favorite food is crab legs in oodles of butter!!! I do have three greedy little kids who seem to feel like they have the right to eat these items off my plate so it can become expensive.

MomToTeens
on 9/11/11 1:01 pm - OH
Me too!!!  Joe's Crab Shack Crab Daddy Feast!!!!

Yum!!!

Susan
RNY:  05/24/2005     SW:  270, lowest:  190,  Back up to:  230
Revision to DS:  07/24/2011  SW:230/CW:181/GW:140

"Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there!"
Will Rogers

elixir
on 9/11/11 5:18 am - MI
I went to Joe's Crab Shack last weekend and thought I had died and gone to heaven. I'm the only person in my house who likes crab though so I don't often buy it. 

I really like steak and I eat it like once a week. Again, I'm the only person in my house who is a fan of steak so I don't have it more often. I also like shrimp. My daughter is a pescatarian so we eat a lot of shrimp. I especially like it cooked in garlic butter or coated in this yummy olive oil, garlic, red pepper flake pasta sauce that I make. I think my favorite food however is corned beef. I like to make it in the pressure cooker so it comes out nice and tender and just falls apart. Tender corned beef makes me very happy. I don't buy corned beef often though, usually only when it's on sale. I had surgery three months ago and have made it twice now.

I am not like I was before. I thought that nothing would change me. ~Sinead O'Connor

MsBatt
on 9/11/11 5:36 am
Oh chile! If it walked, I'd like to eat it. (*gin*)

I'm old (at least compared to you, young'un!) and I grew up POOR. For the first few years of my life, my major protein sources were game animals---TASTY!!! (*Grin*) Seriously, I grew up eating rabbits, squirrels, doves, quail, fresh-water fish, locally-killed hogs, and a half a calf a year.

(We WERE poor---but we ate good. Lots of meat.)

Bacon is sort of a "fancy" food---it's cured, it's GOOD, it's---not cheap.

I'd rather have a life-time supply of BACON than a life-time suppluy of caviaer(fish eggs.)
SirSamAlot
on 9/11/11 5:40 am - Ellenwood, GA
I did eat goat when I was younger, which many call it out of the ordinary, because I'm half Nigerian and that's what is one of the components of one our cultural dishes, but I don't eat it anymore because one day I got sick off of it and I don't want to get sick off it again.
MsBatt
on 9/12/11 6:10 am
Goat is good, if prepared right---it can be tough.

My dad loved to hunt and fish, and we ate a lot of game animals---squirrel, rabbit, deer, dove, quail, duck---we even tried a muskrat once, but it was SOOOO fatty we couldn't eat it. But we tried. (*grin*)
Bonnie R.
on 9/11/11 6:54 am - Stratford, CT
I actually am not a fan of bacon unless it is candied.  I love scrambled eggs (softly) with heavy cream, ricotta cheese or Fage yogurt mixed with sugar free preserves, and fried chicken or marinated chicken thighs.  I'm wondering if I'll ever get sick of Popeye's?  Nope, I can't imagine.
butercup
on 9/11/11 9:39 am - Kennewick, WA
Oh dear sweet whatever, I hope that if there is something I can eat after surgery, it's Popeye's.  Spicy of course.  I lament that I don't have one remotely close to me.
Bonnie R.
on 9/11/11 9:44 am - Stratford, CT
 Hold out hope!  We just had one open about 15 mintues from our house.  You should have witnessed the cheering when I realized they were coming to our area!  :)