Holy Guacamole! Vanity Goals Reached.

k9ophile
on 9/11/11 10:04 am

I got WLS to resolve my sleep apnea and get my knee replaced, since my ortho doc refused to to it on a person my weight.  Yet, I am human enough to have had a couple of vanity goals: 1. I wanted to lose 200 pounds; done.  2. I thought getting into a size 14 would be nice; it is.

I had lost 190 and crept back up to losing 180.Still I was sittting comfortably in a size 16.  It was such a huge difference I was happy when I consider where I started.  Incidentally, it was the knee surgery that helped me reach my vanity goals.  Knowing I would really need protein to recover from another major surgery, I increased my intake and quit farting around (figuratively and literally) with the carbs.  So while it is possible to gain with the DS, it's easy to start losing again.  I know you vets knew this, yet maybe this will help convince a new WLS patient to seriously consider the DS.  Imagine losing weight 3 years post-op WITHOUT a revision or messing around with fills/unfills.

"Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us."  Stephen Covey

Don't litter!  Spay or neuter your pet

MARTINA P.
on 9/11/11 11:06 am - ROCKMART, GA
 Congratulations Linda,

I am so proud of you.  

MARTINA
Rockmart Georgia                        
HW: 315 CW: 117 GW:  First goal 150 met 3/23/2012, Second goal 135

Mdae
on 9/11/11 2:05 pm
good job! wtg!

Grammo
on 9/11/11 3:08 pm - Nashville, TN
Funny how vanity creeps in after we begin to see the real possibility of reaching those goals we held deep inside our most secret hearts!
I pull on the industrial underwear and strut my geriatric ****!  And dream of plastic surgery.   Before I swore that improved health was the be all end all.  And it is darned good, but I bought a lottery ticket today and I dream on!
Congratulations to you on all you have accomplished!
Regards,
Grammo!
(Ticker includes 11.5 pounds lost on the two week pre-op liquid diet.)

High Weight (09-99) 294 DS Consult Weight (06-09)283 
                  Surgery Weight (8-11-09) 271.5 Goal Weight 130
Victorious_one
on 9/11/11 10:48 pm - South Central, PA

That's terrific!  I'm glad the protein up-ing worked for you.  Carbs seem easier to go down for most people, which only makes getting back to basics that much more difficult.
Nicole  Lab rata data link- One-half of a DS couple!  - I'M BELOW GOAL!
 http://bit.ly/DSExp  After a very rough start it's official--I my DS!  Romans 8:28 
Looking for DS information? Start at 
 http://bit.ly/newDS and DSFacts.com 
LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Weight loss tickers         
k9ophile
on 9/12/11 11:29 am

Thanks for all the atta girls.  I don't think I'm going to seek out plastics as long as they make 3/4 sleeve tops and pants that slim you.  Life is good:)

"Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us."  Stephen Covey

Don't litter!  Spay or neuter your pet