Dr Dakin anyone?

newyorkbitch
on 9/11/11 11:37 am
http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/revision/4304470/any-dr-herron-patients-out-there/

OH is not the be all and end all of all DS information. 

Just think about NYC.  You have Cornell,  Sinai, Roslin...they all do DS's.  Now how many DS's a week - probably between them,  quite a few.  How many people do we have on OH every week who had a virgin DS or revision in NYC?  Very few.  So where are all the other people?  Not on OH.

ginany
on 9/11/11 11:31 am - brooklyn, NY
DS on 04/23/12
I actually emailed Dakin.  I hope he replies.  Dakin takes my insurance.  Herron and Inabnet does not.  Neither does Pomp.  I tried Pomb before Roslin.  So being that everyone petty much understands the micropouch, what is your thoughts.  Think it is possible for a DS revision.  Dr K says it is posible.  Tomorrow is my UGI.  Does anyone think Roslin maybe just didnt want to do it?
Gina    

RNY 1/26/06 
SW 345
Revised to DS 4/23/12
SW 268

NoMore B.
on 9/11/11 11:38 am
 Dr Roslin is very conservative.  He'll send you for the tests and then tell you what he thinks.  If he says he doesnt want to do it, it doesnt mean that it's not possible, it just means it's beyond what he wants to do.  I would respect his honesty.

IMO, I would see what Roslin says after the results, there's no harm playing that out, and also see what it takes to travel to Dr K.
newyorkbitch
on 9/11/11 11:38 am
Email is insufficient.  Call Dakin and go see him for yourself and talk through everything.

I highly doubt Roslin "just didn't want to do it."  He makes a living performing surgery.  Perhaps he feels it's too risky for you.  

At least get Dakin's second opinion - he's local and he's on your insurance - what do you have to lose?

Can you afford to do this without insurance?  Can you afford to travel to another state to do this, without insurance?
ginany
on 9/11/11 11:45 am - brooklyn, NY
DS on 04/23/12
No I honestly cant afford to self pay.
Gina    

RNY 1/26/06 
SW 345
Revised to DS 4/23/12
SW 268

newyorkbitch
on 9/11/11 11:54 am, edited 9/11/11 11:55 am
In that case you cannot consider anybody not on your insurance.  Go talk to Dakin.  You have nothing to lose.

What insurance do you have ??

Another thought is go get a second opinion from Pomp and just pay for that consult.  If he thinks you're a candidate,  talk to him about Dakin at that point.

I'm just saying you have to explore all the possible options you have - which are limited.

There is also a guy on the Herron/Inabnet team named Dr Kini.  Don't know anything about him but their website says he does the DS.  If he's on your insurance,  go talk to him.

It makes no sense for you to talk to surgeons who are not local and not on your insurance - they are not options for you.

Dana Romero is the nurse practitioner in the Mt Sinai program - you could talk to her first before you consider seeing Kini and see what she says.