paging all bullies paging all bullies

jenflock
on 9/11/11 3:28 am - TN
HOLD ON!!! what do you mean we have to find our own costumes??!!!?? what the heck is this?? why are you being such a BULLY!!

kirmy
on 9/11/11 4:07 am - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
Only if I get roller skates too!

RIP Mickie aka Happychick.  You will be missed deeply.
(deactivated member)
on 9/11/11 2:22 am - San Jose, CA

I think it started with a troll (undecided_2, who has since deactivated, but is probably lurking under another name), who posted **** from one of those bogus anti-WLS sites, and then there was a disagreement about that behavior,which the self-appointed shrink-to-the-abused-fatties decided was bullying (this link is a starting point: http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/amos/4444919/Hypocrites-Do nt-be-one/).  Of course, the purpose of THAT assessment was to give her her own "bully pulpit" from which to pontificate her self-aggrandizing pop-psych, forum-nannying, Oprahish propaganda.  She is an attention *****  (And I wonder if she's using these posts to generate business for her counseling services, since she brings up her "profession" so often?)

Getting into it with Sue a couple of days ago was just her excuse to revive the self-created, "wag-the-dog" dispute, because attention was fading.  She creates drama around invisible enemies ("the bullies," whom almost nobody sees as having had any interactions with her or the troll that have been in any way bullying), so she can be a hero in a war that doesn't exist.  Interesting who the few people who come out to support her are (like pupcake - with her very personal vendetta against the DS and its advocates) - the ones with their own antipathies and agendas against specific people in the wide net cast by the forum nanny.

Speaking of "imaginary enemies" - see this: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16058464/ns/technology_and_scien ce-science/t/imaginary-friends-enemies-are-good/.  Apparently, this is part of the forum nanny's self-actualization process, and important for her intellectual and emotional development - I think she may mature to the level of an eight-year-old any day now: "Children who have imaginary enemies are better able to take on the idea that other people have opinions and desires than you."  [That's a bit of a weird sentence - I think it should say "other people have opinions and desires that are different from yours."] 

But she clearly isn't there yet - she is still trying to get her imaginary enemies to change their minds and agree with her.  Not gonna happen.

kirmy
on 9/11/11 2:42 am - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
She seems to be quite mad. As mad as a box of frogs in drag. 

I just keep seeing Baby Bush sneering at Twit Blair...."if you're not with us you're against us".

What ****s me to tears is the perception that because we have lived with obesity and oppression and discrimination that we are all broken fragile men and women unable to manage petty conflict.  I have a back bone of steel now because of the adversity that has shaped me.  I don't need to hide behind a passive aggressive controlling nurse maid that wants to explain away my relationships and experience of this forum with her stunted broad brush strokes.

She needs a common enemy to get her rocks off.  I guess that is the collective we......WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

RIP Mickie aka Happychick.  You will be missed deeply.
Elizabeth N.
on 9/11/11 4:16 am - Burlington County, NJ
What really sucks is that she brings that mindset into the therapy relationship. Ouch.

jenflock
on 9/11/11 4:32 am - TN
I don't know..I think a box of frogs in drag would be fairly amusing.  These whiney butts kind of are NOT!! I have taken my own advice and started blocking them.  Not the bullies but the whiners. My eyes may stop bleeding shortly.

(deactivated member)
on 9/11/11 7:12 am
.. considering she claimed to have thoroughly read Sue Widemark's site and said she found it fair and balanced (?!?), she is likely a tad more than unbalanced herself. After she responded to my question on that post, it sealed the deal that she a. is a touch self-delusional and/or b. likely to lie as to not admit she may be incorrect, as no one with two brain cells to rub together would proclaim that site as fair and balanced. All this in support of a known troll, who of course held some convos with her via PM regarding how picked on she felt before deactivating.. that seems to be a common refrain of the forum nannies.. the PMs from other "victims."

I have a hard time imagining someone so unbalanced and narcissistic involved in any area of the mental health field.. Generally in order to do that well, I'd imagine you'd need a fairly strong sense of self to deal with the mentally/emotionally challenged..

goodkel
on 9/11/11 3:08 am
I finally had to block that annoying orange dog (AnnaGG?) who infected EVERY single gd thread commanding people to speak kindly, meaning to never tell someone that what they are doing is wrong and may hurt them.

That might damage the poster's self-esteem and creates a negative environment, you know.
Check out my profile: http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/goodkel/
Or click on my name
DS SW 265 CW 120 5'7"

(deactivated member)
on 9/11/11 5:03 am - Santa Cruz, CA
I'm not going to block her, because I kind of like her, but I have to admit that her posts rapidly started
sounding like the incessant highpitched yappng associated with her avatar!  I have to restrain myself around yappy dogs;  my toe gets an itch that only a 40-yard punt can cure.

So I stopped reading her for a while.
goodkel
on 9/11/11 7:38 am
On September 11, 2011 at 12:03 PM Pacific Time, Lynn N wrote:
I'm not going to block her, because I kind of like her, but I have to admit that her posts rapidly started
sounding like the incessant highpitched yappng associated with her avatar!  I have to restrain myself around yappy dogs;  my toe gets an itch that only a 40-yard punt can cure.

So I stopped reading her for a while.
How do you avoid her without blocking her?  She insinuates herself into every thread.

Drop kicking would work for me.

Or someone shaking her by the shoulders and waking her out of this delusion she's created that she is now the official board police.
Check out my profile: http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/goodkel/
Or click on my name
DS SW 265 CW 120 5'7"