Surgery is Monday, OMG

gak
on 9/10/11 3:55 pm
Revision on 06/21/13
Congrats and good luck. Your gong to do great and we have a spot for you on the losers bench as well ! 

Ginger<><  
 Revision #2 Dr John Rabkin June 21, 2013; First Revision DS - Dr Maguire
  5-18-09; First DS 7-15-2003 Dr Clark Warden = Third time is the charm   

elixir
on 9/10/11 8:35 pm - MI
St. Marys is great, Meredith. I'm not sure about the pull out beds though. I sent my family home after surgery. They came back the next day to visit and I was glad they weren't there hovering over me all day. All I did was sleep and walk the first 24 hours. The nursing staff will wake you up for meds and walking every four hours. If you find that a specific med doesn't work fr you don't hesitate to tell your nurses. They will find something else for you. One thing that I was thankful for was the cough drops they brought me. My throat was sooo sore from having that tube down there during surgery. The cough drops the nurses ordered soothed it and it felt better right away.

The only things that I packed and actually used were my Blistex, my gym-type shorts and my yoga pants. I used my Nintendo DS for a bit the second night I was there. I also brought, and used, my Cottonelle wipes. I was thankful for those and glad that I didn't have to try wiping with toilet paper. I also packed my own feminine pads in case of an untimely visit by Aunt Flow, but didn't need them. I will say however that it seems the hospital seemed to expect Aunt Flow also as they gave me a pack of pads... and I have to say they were really good pads (I brought them home with me) and nothing like the adult diapers they gave me after child-birth. 

I hope Dr K is able to do a quick and successful surgery and you have a speedy, uneventful recovery! 

I am not like I was before. I thought that nothing would change me. ~Sinead O'Connor

scoob
on 9/10/11 11:00 pm - Somerset, KY
YAY!! So happy for you! Good luck,will be sending healing thoughts your way!! YAY!

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

lk1970
on 9/11/11 10:51 am
Good luck!! I'll be swinging my baby dog for you!!!
Hugs,
Lisa

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says "oh crap! she's up!