Surgery is Monday, OMG

meredith_123
on 9/9/11 11:57 pm - Waterford, MI

I only have 1 more day after today on the wonderful pre-op diet and then I'm off to surgery.  Have to be at the hospital by 10:30, surgery is scheduled for 12:30 Monday.
I can't believe it's finally here.  I'm very excited to get it over with, but I'm also starting to feel a little nervous too.  guess that's normal.
Planning to spend the weekend getting the house cleaned up and all the laundry put away. 
Oh and also pack my bag for the hospital.  Made a list a while ago, but don't think I'll need most of what's on it. 

I'll have my laptop at the hospital, and will have my husband post an update once I'm out of surgery. 

Any last minute suggestions for items that will make the hospital stay or recovery at home a little easier?  I'm planning to make a last minute shopping trip tomorrow to pick anything up that I haven't already got.

Meredith

5'5" -- HW 275/SW 246/GW 130/CW 157      
MajorMom
on 9/10/11 12:08 am - VA
Sounds like you're about ready. Do you have fresh lemons and limes on your list for post-op? A little lemon or lime in your water or herbal tea sweetened to taste with Splenda or Truvia helps a lot of folks get their fluids in at first.

Good luck!

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

meredith_123
on 9/10/11 12:27 am - Waterford, MI
thanks Gina,

I didn't have any of those things on my list.  I'll add them.
bass_girl
on 9/10/11 1:23 am

Are you coming to Lisa's DS luncheon today by any chance in Grand Rapids?

meredith_123
on 9/10/11 2:53 am - Waterford, MI
No, I live to far.  I'm not coming out to GR until Monday morning.
(deactivated member)
on 9/10/11 1:53 am - Beverly, NJ
Good Luck and Congrats!!! I can't wait for your post op update!!
knat
on 9/10/11 2:00 am - MI
Wishing you the very best!!! Speedy recovery also
Kim
Waiting to see me!

meredith_123
on 9/10/11 3:11 am - Waterford, MI

Thanks!  I see you also had Dr. Kemmeter.  Was your surgery at St. Mary's?  How was the hospital stay?  I'm not sure about the pull out bed they offer for a guest.  My husband might stay with me, or he can go to my parents house in Spring Lake to sleep if the bed is really bad. 
One other thing, do you know if the hospital will bring a fan into your room?  I really like having a fan blowing on me when I'm trying to sleep.  I forgot to ask when they called to pre-register me yesterday.  I may just bring one, but I don't want to if they have them there.

J J the Jet Plane
on 9/10/11 3:38 am
The hospital gave me everything including a fan-- which I used and they wouldn't let me use chapstick with my CPAP machine, so I had to use their lip stuff- which really didn't work but it was better than nothing.  They also gave me wipes, but I was happy to have my own that way I could clean myself.

I went a little overboard with the wipes, I had some for the face, body etc.  but I used them too.

Good luck- I am two weeks out and feeling better every day!

You'll do great!
JJ

halblingefrau
on 9/10/11 3:58 am - Flagstaff, AZ
Congrats and GOOD LUCK!  For me, the first week was horrid.  I routinely had "why did I do this" thoughts.  But IT GETS BETTER.  And then, it gets AWESOME.  I mean, right now I'm eating a scrambled egg with a little chili pepper, cheese, and bacon bits at 4 weeks out and 30lbs down.  You are starting on the most amazing journey of your life.  Can't wait for your post-op update.