DS surgery on August 24th and feeling sick

shannon1517
on 9/9/11 8:20 am - GA
I had the surgery and have had little to no problems but the last day or so I feel yucky all day. Anyone else feel this and what did you do to feel better? Lost 24lbs already. Yeah!!!
MajorMom
on 9/9/11 8:26 am - VA
Sometimes it can be dehydration sneaking up on you. Are you getting better than 64 ounces of fluids in a day? Any other things specifically you've noticed?

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

shannon1517
on 9/9/11 8:34 am - GA
Thanks that may be it. I try and drink and drink but feel as though I'm going to float away at times,LOL. I have been getting in close to it but its been a little short these last couple of days. I did good while they had the feeding tube in.
MajorMom
on 9/9/11 8:40 am - VA
Dehydration can make you feel so nauseous. One trick is to squeeze a little fresh lime or lemon juice into your water and sweeten to taste with Splenda or Truvia. Keep trying and if you just can't do it see if you can get to an ER for some fluids. I hope you feel better.

--g

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

MARTINA P.
on 9/9/11 8:56 am - ROCKMART, GA
 Have you tried to drink some hot tea.  I found decaf tea with lemon to be very helpful.
MARTINA
Rockmart Georgia                        
HW: 315 CW: 117 GW:  First goal 150 met 3/23/2012, Second goal 135

Nissa_M
on 9/9/11 11:17 am - TX
I had surgery the same day and I felt like that a few days ago. I wasn't getting enough fluid and I upped my protein. I feel a thousand times better today. I was able to drink a "lemonade" with water, fresh lemon juice and stevia and got in about 48 oz alone with that drink. I have to drink it ice cold too, room temp doesn't sit well.
shannon1517
on 9/9/11 12:14 pm - GA
I am going to try that! Thanks. How have you been? What type of foods are you eating now? I'm nervous to try to many things to fast.
Nissa_M
on 9/9/11 1:37 pm - TX
I'm doing well. Still some random pain and soreness on occasion, but nothing horrible. As for food I'm still on soft foods so I'm doing things like refried beans with cheese, guac, and sour cream soft meats, fish, cheese, scrambled eggs, potatoes, canned veggies and fruits. I'm not able to eat much at all maybe five bites and I'm stuffed. That part sucks.

I can get in more liquid based food like cheddar broccoli soup from quiznos. It's been pretty easy so far with the physical aspect, no major food issues as I was lactose intolerant before surgery. I even ate a ritz (shhh) with a ton of cream cheese and it was amazing!
J J the Jet Plane
on 9/9/11 1:06 pm
I felt like crapola yesterday- barely moved around -- more water and protein and actually had a spoon of peanut butter and I felt so much better today.  And the PB seemed to help my stomach too.

PB is not on my "diet" right now but honestly it made me feel better, and maybe it was psychological that I finally ate something familiar.  I don't care either way today I have had a better day.

J G.
on 9/9/11 3:13 pm
Shannon, try lots of different beverages at different temps, till you find your "magic" drink that works for you.  Mine was half strength lemon crystal light at room temp.  Your could be something totally different.  Don't worry about wasting drinks, just keep trying stuff till you find one.  It's soooo important.

hugs, Jenny