2 Month update with a PIC!

(deactivated member)
on 9/9/11 3:31 am, edited 9/9/11 6:44 am - Beverly, NJ
I know I've been quiet around here.  I've been pretty busy and not on the computer as much as I used to be.  I wanted to share my first update pictures with everyone. 

The date of my before picture was just a few weeks before surgery at my highest weight of 379.  my after (or during rather) was taken today at 305.  I'll be 9 weeks on Monday! 

I feel fantastic and so far I'm LOVING my DS!!!  Thank you vets for all of your continued support, advice and even the lectures when I need them most, I couldn't do this without you!

Newbies, LISTEN to the vets.  They know what they are talking about!!

lwoznick
on 9/9/11 4:01 am - Green Bay, WI
Wow! You look fantastic! It looks like you lost half a person in just two months! Way to rock that new DS! Congratulations on your success! I can tell you're doing a great job. I hope I can be half as successful as you after my DS! Keep up the great work!

Warmest wishes,

Lisa

HW 293, SW 282, LW (Post RNY) 202, SW Pre-DS 242, CW 219 GW 140
Julie from Ludington, MI is my Angel!

(deactivated member)
on 9/9/11 4:05 am - Beverly, NJ
Thank you soooo much! 

Congrats on your surgery!  You're just a few days away!  Are you excited?
lwoznick
on 9/9/11 4:14 am - Green Bay, WI
I am getting excited and nervous too. Not so much about the surgery, but about having to have that dreaded NG tube in for 2-3 days or until I poop! I had a rather adverse reaction to the NG tube after my RNY surgery, so I'm not sure how this round with it will go. I did alert my surgeon in advance and he said he would use a thin, flexible tube and try to make me as comfortable as possible while I have to use it. Any advice for making it more tolerable??? Also, any hints to pass on that you've learned during your recovery? I already took your advice from one of your prior posts and purchased the Ozium spray (and Febreze) to bring to the hospital. Hopefully, I won't gas my friend, Katie, out on the way home! It's a 4 plus hour trip! LOL! I may be able to fuel her SUV for the trip home with my natural gas source post surgery!

I'm so glad to hear you're doing well and damn, girl, you really are rocking that DS! What a phenomenal weight loss in such a short period of time. Have you had any problems with any sort of complications? Here's hoping the rest of your DS ride is a dream!

Lisa

HW 293, SW 282, LW (Post RNY) 202, SW Pre-DS 242, CW 219 GW 140
Julie from Ludington, MI is my Angel!

(deactivated member)
on 9/9/11 6:40 am - Beverly, NJ
I didn't have an NG tube so I don't really have any advice on that.  As far as recovery though?  Learn to love your belly pillow.  It will become your best friend :)  In my signature is my blog.  I tried to document all I could.  The number one best piece of advice I can give is listen to the vets.  Sometimes they can sound harsh but they mean it with love.  I know if they were all peaches and cream with me some of their advice would never of made it through my head.  Oh and drink.  Never stop drinking, walking and resting!  

The only problems I had were swallowing my pills early out.  I started my vites early and I know PLENTY of people who had NO problem with them.  I am on a full vite regimen now.  :)

Good luck and keep me posted!  :)
strawberry28
on 9/9/11 4:51 am - somewhere, MD
What a change in just 2 months.  You are looking good girl!  Enjoy the ride.
SW= 268     
CW= 145  ***GOAL REACHED on Christmas Day 2010****             
GW=145
5'6"       BMI= 23
 LapBand 3/2006 to Revision DS 12/2009
Get the FACTS about the Duodenal Switch at www.DSFACTS.com or http://www.duodenalswitch.com/

Extended Tummy Tuck, BL/BA scheduled for 11/18/11 Dr. Larry Lickstein          

(deactivated member)
on 9/9/11 6:40 am - Beverly, NJ
Thank you soo much!
divakay2
on 9/9/11 5:11 am
Wow what a difference in such a short time keep up the good work...........................................................Kenya
(deactivated member)
on 9/9/11 6:41 am - Beverly, NJ
Thank you sooo much!!!  I'm excited for what's yet to come!
rubytica
on 9/9/11 5:52 am - GA
Congratulations you are looking great!!!

Keep up the good work. 

I am 10 weeks and have not lost as much as you  (only 40 lbs but I am happy with my DS) so you are doing so good.  You are also very helpful here and I appreciate all your advises.

Thanks
Ruby