holiday goodies

jenflock
on 9/8/11 2:57 am - TN
Hey all!! I am starting to prepare for the holidays (can anyone say OCD??) and I want to get a bunch of tried and true fun recipes from you all for the kids and myself.  I live in an apt complex where I can treat several of the kids because I'm friends with the parents (and my three too).. so Bring on anything you think would be a winner.  I think we are having a halloween party with our building and would love to have plenty to add that I can enjoy but also that everyne else will be awed by my susie homemakerness!! LOL  Thanksgiving and christmas welcome too!! I have started writing all of my favorite ideas in a notebook from you all and websites so that way I don't get bored with the same ol same ol. I am computer DUH so once I don't write it down it is lost FOREVER!! or at least until I beg for someone to repost.  Thanks all!!

trxxyy
on 9/8/11 9:39 am - Orange County, CA
Are you looking for DS friendly goodies?  I have a ton of great ideas and recipes but they are very naughty when it comes carbs.

MajorMom
on 9/8/11 10:01 am - VA
How about Paula Deen's magic peanut butter cookies? www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/magical-peanut-butter -cookies-recipe/index.html

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

trxxyy
on 9/8/11 12:41 pm - Orange County, CA
I have been making something similar to this but I add coconut flour and use ez-sweets in place of the splenda. They are yummy, especially with a few sugar free chocolate chips thrown in.
Elizabeth N.
on 9/8/11 12:09 pm - Burlington County, NJ
How about my chocolate mousse in holiday appropriate mini serving containers?

jenflock
on 9/10/11 7:59 am - TN
The mousse sounds terrific especially for TGiving.  I am loving the peanut butter cookies from paula. she is amazing!! and I would especially appreciate some fun scary treats that preferably are DS friendly for Halloween.... I just can't seem to figure out how to make a steak scary..um unless you are a cow!! lol