PRE-Surgery Diet Help please

Grammo
on 9/8/11 3:41 pm - Nashville, TN
I did all liquid diet with protein shakes and was allowed to use frozen fruit chunks and sweetener to flavor my shakes.   I actually enjoyed them... (POST - op is a different story!  I could not not stand any thing about them!)

Do you have the option to switch to a shake diet?
Regards,
Grammo!
(Ticker includes 11.5 pounds lost on the two week pre-op liquid diet.)

High Weight (09-99) 294 DS Consult Weight (06-09)283 
                  Surgery Weight (8-11-09) 271.5 Goal Weight 130
freebirdmich
on 9/8/11 4:06 pm - MI
 I don't think I can but I would almost rather lol
what did you do post op then? did you just gag em down?
Grammo
on 9/8/11 5:33 pm - Nashville, TN
Yes.  Gulped and gagged and got on regular food ASAP.   Things taste funny for a long while, but eventually return to normal.   I even like shakes again.   I use them when I know I have not eaten enough protein for one reason or another.   You can go those first couple weeks after surgery without meeting the "requirements" without  doing harm.   Your body has stores.
Regards,
Grammo!

elixir
on 9/8/11 4:08 pm - MI
Our surgeon requires a high protein, low carb diet. The fruit chunks would toss the low carb thing out the window. While it's all pre-packaged foods I actually think our diet would be much easier to go thru than two weeks of nothing but shakes. I know that I nearly went stir crazy the first month after surgery with only liquids for two weeks and then mushy foods the next two. 

I am not like I was before. I thought that nothing would change me. ~Sinead O'Connor

Grammo
on 9/8/11 5:37 pm - Nashville, TN
I guess I liked the shakes pre-op because it was cut and dried simple.   I did not have to think much about it and therefore did not obsess about food as much.   I was surprised at the fruit being allowed, too.  And I lost very little weight.   However, I had even gained weight on the last "packaged meal" diet I was on prior to seeking surgery.   My metabolism was so wrecked.   Thank God for my DS.
Regards,
Grammo!

freebirdmich
on 9/8/11 5:43 pm - MI
 God is it just coincidence that now people are posting about how they have had it done and are freaking out now? It's making me freak out lol

lk1970
on 9/8/11 10:03 pm
Honey you'll be fine! Think of the end prize... next year this time you'll be way more mobile and healthier! Not to mention lots of sizes down!
I'd add garlic powder to the eggs... and yes the pancakes are super good, I use artificial sweetener on top of them to sweeten them up. Post op I use half and half with the mix, super good!
Let me know if you need anything!
Lisa

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says "oh crap! she's up!

freebirdmich
on 9/9/11 6:07 am - MI
 Thank you Lisa! I just love you all! wanna put you in my back pocket and take ya around with me lol..
Please think of me on the 20th :) Kerri~