going "2" often??

ClairM13
on 9/8/11 2:48 am

I'm ALMOST 3 months out. I've lost a little over 70 lbs and very happy with my DS.

With that said...
I'm going '2' all the time! At least 3 times right away in the morning and it's usually an emergency. Usually that's all, but on some days it's more often. Is this normal for anyone else? Will it go away?

I will be meeting with my surgeon next week so I'll be asking him too, I just want to see if there are similar stories/experiences out there.

Thanks!

Gina_N.
on 9/8/11 2:54 am

I am also just 3 months out and am experiencing the same exact thing.  I usually have stomach pains most of the morning until I get it all out ( anywhere from 2-4 times).

Gina
sosoclark
on 9/8/11 3:04 am - Sacramento, CA

Yep, I'm right with ya. I go at 4am then again at 6 am then around 11 am I will go again and sometimes at night when I go home. I'm use to it now and dosent really bother me like it did before. I am hoping that think will get better but for now.

Sophia

lovemypugs
on 9/8/11 3:45 am - VA
I went a lot for the first few months but I only go once or twice now and I'm 6 months out. I think your body is still getting used to the changes to your body and intestinal rerouting for the first few months. Make sure you aren't eating foods that make you go more like white flour for some people.
Mdae
on 9/8/11 3:56 am
i think that it will slow down, unless you're eating something that's triggering it.  For me, lactose puts me on the toilet all damn day.

no_more_rolls
on 9/8/11 8:22 am - Jackson, MI
Do you have diarrhea?  If you do and are not carb loading let your surgeon know and ask to be tested for C-Diff toxin.  I was going a lot too the first several weeks and had to be tested.  It is NOT a pleasant experience.  It can be contracted while in the hospital.

Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.  
DONT BE AFRAID TO FAIL......BE AFRAID NOT TO TRY! 
highest weight 313/ surgery 255 / current 185 / goal 135  Height 5'6"

Julie R.
on 9/8/11 10:37 am - Ludington, MI
 Hijack - How are you doing, Roxy?
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

no_more_rolls
on 9/8/11 11:16 am - Jackson, MI
 I'm beginning to feel better Julie...although it has taken a bit.  Thanks for asking 
Julie R.
on 9/8/11 10:43 am - Ludington, MI
 That sounds pretty much like my earlier experience was with bowel habits.   I had a greater sense of urgency earlier out, and had to make sure I gave myself plenty of "pooping" time in the morning.   Now, it's a bit different for me, depending on what time of the year it is.    During the summer when I'm off, I go about three times in the morning, usually a half hour or so apart.  It always seems that the second or third time I poop is right after I start eating breakfast!    I am a teacher, and during the school year, my body seems to work itself into a different schedule.   I wake up at about 4 to poop, and go back to bed until 5:15.   I then might have one more quick poop before I leave, but sometimes not.    I have a 45 minute commute to work, and so usually poop one more time, sometime between 7:15 and 8:20.   I'm then done for the school day.   I will often go again when I get home from school or in the early evening. So....I average about three big or four smaller BM's a day.   
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

elixir
on 9/8/11 3:26 pm, edited 9/8/11 3:27 pm - MI
I stopped pooping frequently once I started on Vitalady's vitamins. I think maybe it's the calcium or the iron, not sure which, but I go about once a day now, maybe two.. and both within the first couple hours of waking up. If I decide to try to eat something that I shouldn't then I poop more. I pretty much avoid anything with white flour or sugar or certain fake sugars unless I'd like to spend more time on the toilet. And while I don't mind pooping, I'm not thrilled about spending enough time in the bathroom to complete several rounds of Cake Mania on the Nintendo DS.

I am not like I was before. I thought that nothing would change me. ~Sinead O'Connor