Please help this Greenbaum patient: RNY to ERNY

randy S.
on 9/13/11 10:28 am - brooklyn, NY
Hey Jamie,
I am still around. Roslin wont touch me, greenbaum wont do the ds ( kind of happy cuz i am starting to feel like he lost his confidence after what happened to Maddie. I admire him for how much he cares for his patience. He has been doing the revision to erny on many old rny that he feels the revision to ds would be much to dangerous, in his opinion. They are doing really well but i guess time will tell.
I did go to cali this summer. I am Still undecided.
I think about u alot. I pray that you get the ds soon. I know how you have been worki g for it.
I going to continue to lurk cuz i really dont have much to say. I want to shake those on the revision board that are getting the rny or the newbies that r doing the rny on a virgin stomach. I want to tell them what will happen to them if they fast forward 10 years. But they wont listen anyway so why bother. I am going to leave it up to diana ( cox) She is much better at it then i am.
(deactivated member)
on 9/13/11 10:58 am
randy S.
on 9/13/11 12:52 pm - brooklyn, NY
SH
THANKS!!!!!!!!
Randy
ginany
on 9/13/11 1:35 pm - brooklyn, NY
DS on 04/23/12

Hi
My name is Gina also from Brooklyn, also had my sugrgery in 06.  I had a micropouch wth Dr Sapala.  I saw Roslin last week, he said he dont know if it can be done,  Just went for UGI yesterday,  I cant wait ti hear from him.   I was wondering why Roslin wont touch you?  Also at everyones suggestion on the DS forum, I spoke to Dr K in Cali and he said he does not see why Roslin said he may not be able to do it.  If you can travel, call him, its worth a shot.

Gina    

RNY 1/26/06 
SW 345
Revised to DS 4/23/12
SW 268

newyorkbitch
on 10/10/11 12:13 am
Gina,  Keshishian said that based on very insufficient information - no endoscopy,  no CT-scan...Roslin is being cautious and thorough.

smileyjamie72
on 9/14/11 9:57 am - Palmer, AK

Randy,

Good to see you are still around!!!! 

-Jamie

RNY 2/26/2002                           DS 12/29/2011
HW 317                                     SW 263 BMI 45.1
SW 298                                     CW 192 BMI 32.9~60% EWL
LW 151 in 2003  
TT 4/9/2003

Normal BMI 24.8 is my GOAL!!!

GBP (RNY) 2/26/02 298 lbs, TT 4/9/03 151 lbs, DS 12/29/11
HW 317 SW 263 BMI 45.1/CW 192 BMI 32.9/GW 145 ~ Normal BMI 24.8
**Revision Journey started 3/2009 Approved 12/12/11**

(deactivated member)
on 9/13/11 12:19 pm
 Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Dr. Greenbaum the doctor who has been moving around a lot and who is NOT considered a good surgeon by some of the people here? I'm really bad with remembering names so I'm probably wrong. 

But what I can't understand is, why oh why, would ANYONE want a pouch if they've been approved for a DS? Of course, you have to understand I'm speaking from personal experience here. I don't want to offend anyone.

Lynda
(deactivated member)
on 9/13/11 7:24 pm
Cheryl J.
on 9/13/11 10:12 pm
I wish people would stop giving false information. That why it's important to do your own research. Dr Greenbaum does do RNY to DS revisions on a case by case. Dr g is an excellent surgeon! I lived with having a pouch for over 10 years and no one has the right to question it either. Some of you are very disrespectful in your comments. As if your choice I better than someone else's. Everyone has the right to make their own choices. No one on this boards needs someone else to put them down for it.
Monique H.
on 9/14/11 6:08 am
Please don't be offended when I post this and I really do hope that the distal works for you, but this is what was said when I had to have an independent medical review when fighting for the DS.

A 37-year-old female enrollee has requested bariatric revision surgery (duodenal switch) for treatment of her obesity.  Findings:  The physician reviewer found that the medical literature supports the opinion that the performance of a revisional procedure similar to the initial operation will fail in many instances, because the basic problem is metabolic and not mechanical. Rapid gastric emptying, as seen in this patient's case, leads to an enhanced insulin response resulting in either hypoglycemia or hyperglycemic episodes, and the most dramatic rises and falls have been associated with small pouches and wide anastomoses. Duodenal switch is a medically appropriate solution to the problem. If this procedure is not performed, the patient's comorbididites will likely worsen. Thus, bariatric revision surgery (duodenal switch) is medically indicated for this patient.

As I said before I really do hope it works for you, but if studies show differently I would want to know that. I've done pretty good with my revision to ds after my revision to distal that I only lost 36 pounds from.  I can't help but wonder if he stopped doing them after the last death that he had revising from rny to ds. It seems like shortly after the death he stopped doing them.
WHEN LIFE KNOCKS YOU DOWN TO YOUR knees, JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE IN THE PERFECT POSITION TO PRAY. HW 395, RNY 4/2/07 345, Lowest Weight 248,  Revision to Distal RNY 1/13/09 278,Revision to DS 10/15/10