Please help this Greenbaum patient: RNY to ERNY

Monique H.
on 9/14/11 5:55 am
I know I'm a little late on this, but it is possible to revise to DS after a distal. I first had RNY then  revised to a distal and now have a ds. The distal was a complete waste of time.
WHEN LIFE KNOCKS YOU DOWN TO YOUR knees, JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE IN THE PERFECT POSITION TO PRAY. HW 395, RNY 4/2/07 345, Lowest Weight 248,  Revision to Distal RNY 1/13/09 278,Revision to DS 10/15/10
Renfairewench
on 9/8/11 12:56 pm
Well, you can lead a horse to water.....

No doubt she will be back lamenting her decision about having the ENRY when she doesnt lose the 150 pounds she needs to lose. At this point she has been given the information and it's up to her to do the research and to make the decision to go or not go. Of course we all know she is doing the wrong thing, but what can you do? 

HW (pre RNY) 430 HW (pre DS) 302 / SW 288 /
                          Lowest weight 157 / CW 161
GW 150
                "I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight"

(deactivated member)
on 9/9/11 9:06 am
Cheryl J.
on 9/12/11 4:25 am
Well I'm of Dr G patients and had the distal RNY. I'm doing very well with my procedure. So I don't know what you all are talking about. You seem to love DS and I love my distal RNY. To undermine someones decision lacks very little support and compassion.
(deactivated member)
on 9/13/11 9:42 am
Cheryl J.
on 9/13/11 12:10 pm
Are you actually serious? Are you a bariatric surgeon? If not, then how can you say what you have a problem with???  I also went to him for a DS. I gave him more than enough test results, previous operative reports from both of my surgeons, recent tests, etc forwarded to him. And spent hours on the phone with him. Are you saying his professional diagnosis was misleading or simply off?

Based on his diagnosis it was too risky for me to have a DS. And he does perform the RNY to DS. And what do you mean by MANY do not fare well??? Do you know of all whom had this surgery done by Dr. Greenbaum and didnt fare well? I'm curious. Was Dr. Greenbaum your surgeon when you had the Distal/ERNY?
(deactivated member)
on 9/13/11 7:29 pm
Elizabeth N.
on 10/10/11 7:00 am - Burlington County, NJ
If he did your revision, why isn't his name in your avatar?

You have no idea how much support and compassion populates this board, or what experiences others have had. We know and love the Vitacouple here, and they live with very distal RNYs. So chill out.

Cheryl J.
on 10/10/11 9:47 am
Who are you talking to? And if you are responding to me, then I don't know what in the he** you are talking about. The Vitacouple has nothing to do with my reply!
Elizabeth N.
on 10/10/11 11:55 am - Burlington County, NJ
I see you know absolutely nothing about what's going on here. So just move along and you won't look nearly as stupid.