Prenatal Vitamins

kathy215
on 9/7/11 6:10 am
Hi,

I tried to "search" this infor and couldn't find what i was looking for..   Has anyone taken Prenatal Vitamins for hair loss? If so. Did you replace your regular multi vitamin with prenatal or take a prenatal in addition to your regular multi vitamin.. I take 3 multi's a day now. I am almost 7 months out and I am getting my 6 month labs done on Saturday.. I had alot of hair to begin with and no one has noticed, sure except for me.. I am going on 4 months of losing it and I know I won't be bald and have read stories of people who lost alot, a little, hair loss that lasted 3 month and some that lasted longer.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advanc

Kathy
Larissa P.
on 9/7/11 10:39 am - Denton, TX
Just take extra biotin.

But really, you can't do much to stop it. Just wait for it to grow back.

Do not replace multis with pre-natals, though.
Duodenal Switch hybrid due to complications.

Click! > DS Documents ~ VitaLady.com ~ DSFacts.com ~ OH DS FB
Peach
on 9/7/11 12:20 pm - savannah, GA
I take biotin, 3 times a day in Addition to my regular vitamins. It helps! Realy.

Jamie K.  SW  /  CW / GW
360 / 157 /  150  
Plastics 3/3/09 In Monterey MX.

Gina1013
on 9/7/11 2:11 pm - Canton, OH
It has been a LONG time since I have been pregnant, and I am going by memory here, but I believe that prenatal vitamins won't help with hair growth or preventing hair loss.

When you are pregnant, it is the hormones that cause your hair to grow and go into a 'resting phase' so that the hair that you normally shed stays put. That is part  of the reason why your hair usually is full and thicker during pregnancy.

Weight at consult 7/14/11:  413

J G.
on 9/7/11 3:27 pm
Kathy, this is a list I have sorry I don't have the source...

to prevent hair loss:

Acidophilus

Lecithin (1 Tbsp)

Liquid Calcium

Biotin (5mg)

Selenium (200 mcg)

Folic Acid (2mg)

Ms. Cal Culator
on 9/7/11 3:35 pm - Tuvalu

Option #1--buy lots of vitamins and supplements and take them all.

Option #2--Send me the money you'd spend on Option #1.

Either way, you hair will come back when it comes back...and all you are doing is improving the economy.  Not a bad thing...but just so you know.