How many Carbs is OK

no_more_rolls
on 9/8/11 2:17 am - Jackson, MI
I was told to keep my NET carbs between 50 and 75 a day.  I actually have found some healthy low carb wraps, yogurts, crackers, etc. so I have been able to keep my NET carbs around 30 a day...give or take.
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.  
DONT BE AFRAID TO FAIL......BE AFRAID NOT TO TRY! 
highest weight 313/ surgery 255 / current 185 / goal 135  Height 5'6"

dgb123
on 9/8/11 4:32 am - Fairfax, VA
I keep my carbs between 20 and 30 a day with the occasional "Carb Day" which usually means a frappacino!!  Those days seem to "clean me out" somehow and have helped accelerate my loss.  I'm 5 1/2 months out and down 62 pounds.  Just about half-way to goal.

Donna

Victorious_one
on 9/8/11 4:43 am - South Central, PA

My carbs were/are probably 120-150g per day.  I'd like them to be lower, but I enjoy fruits, Greek yogurt, cereal with milk and bagels.  Those are probably 100g of my protein on any given day.  I also think that more carbs make me feel better.

I agree with EN--focus on nourishment.  Also, some foods make you feel better than others.  For example, I love PopTarts but they give me the sleepies.   Certain forms of protein make my GERD flair up, so I have to try others.  Find those foods that give you the most energy. 

The easiest way to go, I'd say, would be to get protein in first.  100g minimum of protein, but for most people, 120g-150g makes us feel better.  Pay no attention to fat or calories.  Get hydration in.  With two double-scoop protein shakes, bacon and eggs for breakfast, I usually get all my required protein in before noon and I can eat what I want after that.

Nicole  Lab rata data link- One-half of a DS couple!  - I'M BELOW GOAL!
 http://bit.ly/DSExp  After a very rough start it's official--I my DS!  Romans 8:28 
Looking for DS information? Start at 
 http://bit.ly/newDS and DSFacts.com 
LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Weight loss tickers