Vetrans Help....BLOATING!

Mdae
on 9/7/11 11:47 am
I have the essure, if that's what you got.  and i don't have issues every day, nor did i when i was just on painkillers. 

i'm sure that it's something in your diet, the weirdest things can make me gassy.  pasta is the worst though.   

the combined weight gain does seem a little excessive.  do you take a probiotic?  maybe bump it up?

ladydi1970
on 9/8/11 3:02 am - GA
Yes... Essure is what I got.  I know this started before I had that done last Thursday.

Just have to do the trial and error thing with food, and maybe even my vitamins!

Weird.....

Hopefully tho it's just the stupid gum!

Diana   DS Revision from '99 RNY 
UHC Denied Jan'09/APPROVED Feb'09 
DS-SW287; CW/190 GW/152

Peach
on 9/7/11 12:57 pm, edited 9/7/11 1:10 pm - savannah, GA
All whey based protien shake's are..THE DEVIL!

Jamie K.  SW  /  CW / GW
360 / 157 /  150  
Plastics 3/3/09 In Monterey MX.

sweetpotato1959
on 9/7/11 1:22 pm, edited 9/7/11 1:22 pm
 I read all the other responses...  No matter which surgery  we have , our bodies  start adapting to it...and sometimes our adaptor gets broken....
     . I had a WLS eons ago, and have had  lots of gas until recently. I stopped mine with a herbal formula that restored  my bacteria.
        until I got rid if the gas... I would cut every mix, every dairy, nut including soy if you can get the egg white protein one..
               ....... get those pro-biotics, and you may need two different ones...to cover all the bacteria..
           ........   then add back your foods one  every 3 -5 days..( some foods take 24-36 hours to offend****il you find  what causes the problem.
             .......if you also increase the pro-biotics with anything you  think you  really don't want to  give up...you may be able to add it all back in...
           .my guess is  the cheese...some of the  bloating could still be from that procedure if it was laproscopic...
          but stopping the gas, at the source and doing an elimination diet is the way clinics determine which foods  are the offending ones.       6 months down the road it may be another one.
Denise
J G.
on 9/8/11 4:25 pm
 I stopped mine with a herbal formula that restored  my bacteria.  

which one is that?

thanks, Jenny
Nina E.
on 9/8/11 10:13 am

you sound constipated... but yup you are sensitive to something. could be the gum..

sidebar: To those who tried whey protein shakes and it gave you bad gas. Try only drinking one in the evening. If i drink one in the morning i have the worst gas all day. If i drink it after i get home from work before a proper dinner. I am fine and if i get a bit of gas it must be int he middle of the night. I am almost 3 years out and only get gas when i eat ALOT of flour stuff.  THat hardly ever happens.

I have no clue why drinking it at night is fine for me. I only say this because it really can help get that protein up. I drink Champion cookies and cream flavor. i use 2 scoops and whole milk with jsut a smidge of water. Some people like ti with water. it works with both. not clumpy. yummy.

Conrats on the weightloss!! I am around your weight and just got into my first size 8's (and they weren't super tight, lol. that was a huge wow. I am happy at a 10 though. perfect size for me.

Nina ~~   BMI was 52, now 26.1 (normal). From size 26/28 to 10 pants and 2xl/24 shirt to xs/sm shirts. SW/CW/surgean Goal/mynew GW 322/161/180/165     I Heart MY DS!!