Vitalady DS vitamin list with VITAMIN K??

(deactivated member)
on 9/6/11 9:56 pm
I have googled and checked and checked and I just can't find her updated list with the times of day to take all the vites including Vitamin K. I have found many copies of the older version but don't know when to take the vite K....any advice or updated links would be very much appreciated :-) thanks
sandy_mt
on 9/6/11 10:18 pm
 This is the list that I am using.  I don't know of a new one, maybe someone else can chime in.  According to this, it says to take the vitamin K at bedtime. 

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/DS/4171480/Vitaladys-starting-DS-plan/

(deactivated member)
on 9/6/11 11:32 pm
The only thing I've read is that high levels of vitamin K can interfere with vitamin E absorption (but not the other way around). I just take it during my second calcium batch, the first having my A, E, and D included in it. My vit E has been great and actually got a little on the high side, so I know nothing is interferring with its absorption. I take 1000 mcg vit K1 and 250mcg of K2 (aids in Ca absorption).

Hope this helps!

Hugs,
Ratktiy
beemerbeeper
on 9/6/11 11:36 pm - AL
www.gblcreations.com/Resources/Gina/ProgramDRNY_ERNY_BPDDS3- 2010.pdf

You may want to consider taking K2 as well.  I take both.

~Becky

Larissa P.
on 9/7/11 4:13 am - Denton, TX
I agree with Beemer. I did research and talked to Michelle (Vitalady) and believe that you have to take both K1 and K2. She probably will add K2 to her recommendations at some point, but she has not done so yet, she is taking a conservative approach at what she recommends as baseline for everyone.

But K2 is ESSENTIAL to heart and bone health, and we malabsorb it.
Duodenal Switch hybrid due to complications.

Click! > DS Documents ~ VitaLady.com ~ DSFacts.com ~ OH DS FB
vitalady
on 9/7/11 12:44 pm - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
That's exactly right. It took me 2 years to add vit K and folic to the list after I decided we needed it, even as a starter, unless you have coumadin issues, of course.

K2. It's another animal altogether than K1, and almost shouldn't be classed in the K family, IMHO. I can't say it's critical, like life or death, but I do think it critical to bone health.

But then I think boron and strontium belong in there, too. But with Strontium, it would be a separate "dose" since it's not calcium friendly.

But I have to draw the line between what I think is critical and what I think is good to have. People are either of the "she's just selling me pills" or "I hate taking pills" variety OR of the "if it MIGHT save some body part, gimme the pills". You can see which kind I am. Anyone who's seen me take vites usually faints because I take a big gob 4 times per day and some small gobs elsewhere.

On E and K, most ppl do not get them tested so do not know they need them.

But, I say this all the time, of course, but I think a DSers only absorbs about 5% of fats and oils. That's the bad fats or good fats. So, when your lipids all fall into the Beautiful category, your fat soluble nutrients drop thru the floor, too.
A
D
E
K
selenium
co-q-10

We can measure all but the last. K1 measures K1. But to measure K2, you have to look for its ACTION, which is osteocalcin. We want that number in the lower end of the range. It shows good or bad bone turnover. So it doesn't measure the presence of absence of K2, just whether your bones are getting worse or better. Sorta. In the loosest way I can touch on it.

But I take my fat solubles together, just spread over my groups. So, my E, K, selenium may or may not end up with my single D.

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

DS Girl In NJ
on 9/7/11 10:25 am
 When do you take the K2?  I follow the Vitalady schedule.

Thanks!
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
Larissa P.
on 9/7/11 10:41 am - Denton, TX
I take K 1 & 2  with my dinner batch, away from A & D.

J G.
on 9/7/11 4:40 pm
Larissa, you said away from A & D.  I thought it was away from A & E???????

Thanks, Jenny
Larissa P.
on 9/7/11 8:05 pm - Denton, TX
Whoops, you are right. I stand corrected.