The DS is being dissed! Sic 'em!

BBoop
on 9/7/11 12:41 am
I posted not very eloquently but I posted. Dr. Livingston is a dumb ass...totally and completely.

Thanks for letting us know about this article.  Who the hell wrote this thing?

B
Twyla S.
on 9/7/11 3:15 am - Chattanooga, TN
 Well I posted....but I'll let all of you vets argue the details.  I kinda got distracted with dude talking about us needing to get our fat a$$es to the gym.......and I think my blood pressure has just went through the roof.......grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....BTW...GREAT points being made, just makes my decision even stronger.
Kayla B.
on 9/7/11 3:48 am - Austin, TX
I am a student member of the ADA (American Dietetic Association) and this article made our daily digest email.

*face palm*
5'9.5" | HW: 368 | SW: 353 | CW: 155 +/- 5 lbs | Angel to kkanne
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/beforefront-1-1.jpg?t=1247239033http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/th_CIMG39903mini.jpg  
Imissthe80s
on 9/7/11 3:54 am - Louisville, KY
DS on 02/27/12
My blood was boiling, but it's cooling down now.  Yeah, we know better but what really bites my hide is that once again WLS is being portrayed negatively, scarily, and in this case, recklessly in the media.  I thought we were moving past that and WLS was becoming more and more accepted.  Certainly, it is not a "cure all" or the answer for everybody with weight issues, but it's almost as if the article is saying "stay fat" because you will be safer than if you get WLS, especially the very "rare" and scary DS.  Define "rare": the procedure, as we know it now, has been around since the late 80s.

michellemj
on 9/7/11 10:30 am
I'm a sleever, and MY blood is boiling. It never ceases to amaze me what the heck can be published these days. This study is pseudo-science at best...and the lack of controls is so ridiculous and as a scientist, I'm appalled.

I'm so sorry DSrs. Your surgery has done amazing things and doesn't seem to get any freaking respect. I'm heading over there to leave my comments now.

HW: 280; SW: 255; GW1: 150; CW: 155.

Blank Out
on 9/7/11 11:33 pm
 Diana Cox, this is one of the many reasons you rock!

HW/ 302  SW/287  CW/140  GW/135

H.A.L.A B.
on 9/8/11 7:00 am
OK. enough said. This study is such a crap. 
Maybe DS people may show vts deficiencies sooner after the WLS, but a lot of RNY (me included) start having a real issues with vits and minerals at year 3 and after... Even with "proper supplementation" first 2 years.
And weight loss - first 2 years I had to work hard to stop losing... after that - I have to work really hard to limit gaining.. now interesting - they stopped the study at 2 year mark... when the RH in RNY people can get worse and worse...

I had RNY.... but I think that surgery shall be discontinued (right after they stop doing the band) and only VSG an DS shall be allowed.  But again - that is my opinion...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."