The DS is being dissed! Sic 'em!

Blank Out
on 9/7/11 11:32 pm
 You are my hero!

HW/ 302  SW/287  CW/140  GW/135

pktwatch
on 9/6/11 3:42 pm
I am rather new around here and am 2 weeks away from my DS. Here is my comment:

I have been to 8 DS support groups within the last 10 months and not one person regrets getting their DS surgery! When I read through online forums it seems the same way, even the few who had complications from the surgery said that they would do it all over again in a minute because their quality of life is now so much better. When I read the boards about the other types of weight loss surgery the people are not as happy with their surgery. RNY'ers are complaining that they can't eat this or can''t eat that or they are dumping etc. Then the Lap band people, wow, I don't even know where to start with them....lets just say that many of them call it the CRAP BAND!

DianaCox said it best and if you do your homework before deciding on your surgery I am sure that you will agree with her as well. Nutrition is very important after DS as well as it is after RNY but the nutrition needs are not the same, Some nutritionist do not understand this so you have to be the type of person who is willing to invest the time to learn and follow through with your nutritional needs and then follow up with the lab work to see where you are. This is not hard but it is something that you must be willing to do before considering the DS surgery.

My DS surgery is coming up in two weeks and this story in no way is going to change my mind, I have done my homework on weight loss and know that the DS is the very best that is available!

Switched 9/21/2011 By Dr. Inman
HW    368
SW    328
CW    180

GW 180 (or less to get to a normal BMI)

(deactivated member)
on 9/6/11 4:00 pm - San Jose, CA
In case you want to let the idiotic Dr. Livingston know how you feel: edward.livingston@utsouthwestern.edu
goodkel
on 9/6/11 4:22 pm
This topic is being discussed on the main board, fyi....
Check out my profile: http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/goodkel/
Or click on my name
DS SW 265 CW 120 5'7"

elixir
on 9/7/11 2:47 am - MI
 Nasty-gram sent!

I am not like I was before. I thought that nothing would change me. ~Sinead O'Connor

beth-28
on 9/6/11 7:02 pm
I posted. I'm not as eloquent as Diana and the others, but I tried to put a diabetic "face" and appeal to my post.
When push comes to shove....shove hard!

Never regret anything, because at one time it was exactly what you wanted.

(deactivated member)
on 9/6/11 8:45 pm
girlygirl1313
on 9/6/11 10:06 pm, edited 9/6/11 10:06 pm - Davidson, NC
 BE SURE TO VISIT REUTERS AND COPY/PASTE YOUR COMMENTS THERE AS WELL!!
www.reuters.com/article/2011/09/06/us-surgery-weightloss-idU STRE7855YR20110906

Janet P.
on 9/6/11 10:59 pm
I tried to add a comment on th MSNBC website but kept getting an error message. I am appalled by this article and love the comments some of you posted!

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

Tassia
on 9/6/11 11:47 pm
 Such bull****  And that supplementation?  I laughed my ass off!  Its not even the right calcium, for pete's sake!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.  
*   Take 1 DS, add a little p90x and stir :)
5' 3"  HW 293/SW 253/Goal 130/CW 128