Question about traveling for DS

Gina1013
on 9/6/11 9:39 am - Canton, OH
 Hi Fran 

In the email from the office supervisor I was told 4 weeks. I will have to find out for sure next week.. I hope it will only be 2 weeks!

Weight at consult 7/14/11:  413

teachmid
on 9/6/11 10:20 am - OKC, OK
Yes, 4 weeks seems excessive. I flew from Oklahoma to California for my revision and stayed about 10 days. I saw my surgeon once for drain removal and a post op visit, then had my 6 week visit with my PCP.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

(deactivated member)
on 9/6/11 10:22 am
gak
on 9/6/11 12:19 pm
Revision on 06/21/13
Gina,
4 weeks is in case of complications, is what the office staff told me. I could almost tell you who in the office said that as well ! he he ....

Dr Maguire, when I asked directly he said 2 weeks and I was out of there in 10 days !  I was a revision and he does revisions on Mondays. I was in the hotel by the end of the week and the first part of the week I was heading back to Alabama with hubby at the wheel. It was hard, but I did it. TG for pain meds, but I felt decent and slept a alot. He said he did not usually let people go that far in 10 days but I was doing exceptionally well. He does like 2 weeks though. Once he see's you are dong okay, he will let you go. Just be sure your up to it ! I think we know ourselves pretty well.

Make sure you walk tons pre-op so it will be easy post-op .. walk those halls ! sip sip sip.. and you will bounce back fast. My first surgery was lap and it was much harder than the open with Dr Maguire. I did super well.

Ginger<><  
 Revision #2 Dr John Rabkin June 21, 2013; First Revision DS - Dr Maguire
  5-18-09; First DS 7-15-2003 Dr Clark Warden = Third time is the charm   

Gina1013
on 9/6/11 12:42 pm - Canton, OH
 Thanks Ginger :)  
 I hope that I do as well as you did after surgery! 

Weight at consult 7/14/11:  413

gak
on 9/6/11 12:51 pm
Revision on 06/21/13
I bet you will ! 

Ginger<><  
 Revision #2 Dr John Rabkin June 21, 2013; First Revision DS - Dr Maguire
  5-18-09; First DS 7-15-2003 Dr Clark Warden = Third time is the charm   

beemerbeeper
on 9/6/11 2:47 pm - AL
I had an EXTREMELY conservative surgeon *****quired me to stay until my 1 week post-op checkup.  I was about a 3.5-4 hour drive but the person who drove me home had to make a far out of the way pitstop so my drive home was about 5 hours.  I just remember being tired.

~Becky

Elizabeth N.
on 9/6/11 11:11 pm - Burlington County, NJ
My surgeon required that I stay at least till the first postop office visit, ten days out. I didn't feel ready to travel yet and stayed a few more days, left two weeks out.

mylittleblackdress
on 9/7/11 12:06 am - FL
I went to Brazil for my surgery.  I stayed for two weeks post-op per Dr. Marchesini's protocol then flew home with DH once it was confirmed I had no problems!
August10
on 9/7/11 7:20 am - LA
 I traveled from Louisiana to California.  My initial information said I would need to be in the area a week to ten days post op.  I was in the hospital from Aug 10 to Aug 15, had a follow up on the 17th and was cleared to go home.  Because I was going to be driving, the surgeon and I agreed that waiting a week or so before the road trip was wise, but he did not require it.  I did wait the extra week though, and I'm glad I did!  there were no complications or anything, was just much more able to deal with the drive after some extra healing days.