FYI.. Lunesta vs Ambien..my results

PamtasticNewLife
on 9/6/11 4:37 am
Hey Ginger, I've been on Lunesta 3mg for several years even before my DS. Find I have to take it on an empty stomach since my DS. High Fat meals Delays the absorption of Lunesta.
I was having problems where I was sleeping the next day instead of that night.
My PCP explained it was being absorbed farther down my intestinal tract instead of in my stomach.
Here's to getting a great night sleep waking feeling ready to conquer the world!

Pam
gak
on 9/6/11 12:35 pm
Revision on 06/21/13
I do not eat much most nights when it comes near time to take it.  I did conquer the day today.. Started at 4 a.m., waited quietly checking email for the sun to rise.. then was in high  gear all day. So I think I need to try it more nights. I like this kind of rest ! 

Ginger<><  
 Revision #2 Dr John Rabkin June 21, 2013; First Revision DS - Dr Maguire
  5-18-09; First DS 7-15-2003 Dr Clark Warden = Third time is the charm   

Emily F.
on 9/6/11 5:35 am
I like my crazy dreams. lol.
gak
on 9/6/11 12:37 pm, edited 9/6/11 12:37 pm
Revision on 06/21/13
Yeah Emily ! We will have to compare notes one day, but the psychedelic creatures chasing me was getting a bit much. I like a good time and all.. but they were wild and scary at times.  

Edited to add: you will have to ask dh sometime about the time I wa****ting him due to one of the dreams ....that did not go over very good ! LOL

Ginger<><  

Emily F.
on 9/7/11 8:33 am
On September 6, 2011 at 7:37 PM Pacific Time, Ginger K. wrote:
Yeah Emily ! We will have to compare notes one day, but the psychedelic creatures chasing me was getting a bit much. I like a good time and all.. but they were wild and scary at times.  

Edited to add: you will have to ask dh sometime about the time I wa****ting him due to one of the dreams ....that did not go over very good ! LOL

Yeah, my weird dreams are using a forest with growing roots and branches and moving. So far nothing crazy besides when I get on the internet after taking it. Never turns out well. lol. 
Christine X.
on 9/6/11 6:12 am - TX
I prefer Lunesta to Ambein also. I took Ambein for years and it just stopped working for me. But when it was working, it really did affect my dreams.

The Lunesta like the Ambein has softened a bit on its effectiveness. But it is still easier on me then the Ambein. I suffer from insomnia and can go a couple of days with only an hour or two of sleep, not easily - I become a mess. When those time**** nothing can put me out, not Ambein or Lunesta.

But anyway, glad you like the Lunesta so much. There is nothing like getting some rest.
Christine  "Life is like a jar of jalapenos.  What you
do today, might burn your ass tomorrow".
Check out www.dsfacts.com for information on Duodenal Switch

gak
on 9/6/11 12:40 pm
Revision on 06/21/13
I Could not imagine a couple of days without sleep, I would not be able to function.  Have you tried anything else that helps you ?  I sure hope so.. the body needs rest.

Ginger<><  

vitalady
on 9/7/11 4:27 pm - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
I tried the free trial of Lunesta, not as restful, the bad taste woke me up!

I think I've taken ambien for about a million years now. I've been an insomniac since I was a kid, so when my PCP asks if I'm addicted, I say, heck yeah! Sleep vs no sleep, you tell me? I still take the same dose I took the first night, so no need to ramp up. I have other issues that wake me up several times per night, but the difference being that I can go back to sleep without a tinkle call waking me up and my brain starts packing or unpacking or answering email or texts or phone calls while my body is trying to go back to sleep.

However, it doesn't help when you've been traveling and the 5th wheel bathroom is 2 steps, turn right. My house is 2 steps and turn right smacks me right into the closet. LOL Ooops. I ran into 3 walls last night. I suspect I should open my eyes when I make those trips, but then I might wake up and start solving problems even tho I can't remember what "house" I'm in. LOL

As everyone else says, MY BRAIN WILL JUST NOT SHUT UP!

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.