FYI.. Lunesta vs Ambien..my results

beth-28
on 9/6/11 7:07 pm, edited 9/6/11 7:07 pm
Elizabeth,
I'm sorry, I don't understand. Did I need to be? Why?

Edited to add that the surgery date on my profile is not correct. I don't have a surgery date yet. I had to put a date on my profile to add my surgeon.
When push comes to shove....shove hard!

Never regret anything, because at one time it was exactly what you wanted.

Elizabeth N.
on 9/6/11 11:14 pm - Burlington County, NJ
Oh okay, I'm relieved that you aren't that close to surgery. If Dr. V. doesn't require a sleep apnea evaluation, go get one anyway. If you have undiagnosed sleep apnea, it could be a significant problem with anesthesia recovery. Been there done that. Don't follow my example. (It was not for my DS, it was for a general anesthesia back in the 1990's. UGH experience.)

Emily F.
on 9/6/11 5:35 am
On September 5, 2011 at 9:13 PM Pacific Time, beth-28 wrote:
Me too, Becky.  I just can't shut my mind off (sometimes even the medication won't shut it off...it scares my hubby when that happens..3 days w/o sleep)
 Beth, see a psych, that sounds like a manic period to me. Talk to someone about your symptoms, racing thoughts, no sleep, etc. Life is a lot better with medication. :)
beth-28
on 9/6/11 7:00 am
Emily,
I thought at one time it might be that, but I don't have racing thoughts, I just keep thinking about htings. I never go through periods where I have endless energy or no energy, my energy levels pretty much stays the same. I've talked to professionals who wanted to check me out for depression. After they finished evaluating me....no depression. lol, I am pretty happy and content with my life. I just don't know why sometimes (maybe 1 time every couple of months) I just can't sleep. I'll keep searching though.

Thanks,
Beth
When push comes to shove....shove hard!

Never regret anything, because at one time it was exactly what you wanted.

Emily F.
on 9/7/11 8:31 am
On September 6, 2011 at 2:00 PM Pacific Time, beth-28 wrote:
Emily,
I thought at one time it might be that, but I don't have racing thoughts, I just keep thinking about htings. I never go through periods where I have endless energy or no energy, my energy levels pretty much stays the same. I've talked to professionals who wanted to check me out for depression. After they finished evaluating me....no depression. lol, I am pretty happy and content with my life. I just don't know why sometimes (maybe 1 time every couple of months) I just can't sleep. I'll keep searching though.

Thanks,
Beth
 There is a bipolar type II which does not have mania. I urge you to see a psych and discuss these symptoms.   Good luck.
gak
on 9/5/11 10:55 pm
Revision on 06/21/13
Thanks Becky ! I love it . I feel so much more energized after a night with it ! This a.m. I cleaned up all the branches from the storms early, had to wait for the sun to come up so I could see them ! LOL 

Ginger<><  
 Revision #2 Dr John Rabkin June 21, 2013; First Revision DS - Dr Maguire
  5-18-09; First DS 7-15-2003 Dr Clark Warden = Third time is the charm   

michellemj
on 9/5/11 10:48 pm
Yay! I'm so glad it works for you. As I mentioned, I've been on it for years and years with no ill effects and it's been wonderful.

But at the same time, I've been on it for years and years and I'm trying to work my way off as daily use isn't the best thing. :)

Sleep is wonderful, isn't it?

HW: 280; SW: 255; GW1: 150; CW: 155.

gak
on 9/5/11 10:55 pm
Revision on 06/21/13
Love my sleep that is rested, I am so glad I switched. I have so much more energy and can think clearer as well ! 

Ginger<><  

cajungirl
on 9/5/11 11:54 pm
My experience exactly.  Insurance has given me a bit of trouble with it, they want me to exhaust all generic options first.  I'm going to get with my PCP to switch back it works much better for me. 

The only negative is the metal taste I have from it, although I can deal with that for a good night of restful sleep.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

gak
on 9/6/11 12:34 pm
Revision on 06/21/13
No metal taste here, but I was warned not to let it touchthe tongue on the way down, so I am super careful.

Ginger<><