I'm in love ...

(deactivated member)
on 9/4/11 6:44 am

I'm almost 3 years post-op, down somewhere between 250 and 300 pounds (I wasn't weighed at my highest weight) ... and just beginning the process of reconstructive surgeries. 
I love my doctor.     I guess I should make that doctors -- Dr. Berntsen, from Tallgrass Surgical Center in Topeka -- a down to earth, no-nonsense surgeon who started this whole process that has given me back my life, and now my plastic surgeon, Dr. Kenton Schoonover in Wichita.  He's been so respectful and kind in a process that can be embarrassing and overwhelming.  We have a plan!! 

I'm not going to leave out my primary care doctor either - Dr. Bryan Davis.  He's been supportive and interested in every step of the process. He's written referrals for me, prescribed lab tests ... anything he could do to facilitate my success.  He recently told me that I am the only one of his patients who has had this procedure -- and I'm the only one still losing (or maintaining) my weight loss. 

If you are near Kansas and looking for a DS surgeon, or a quality reconstructive surgeon, these are the people you need.  You can contact me privately if you have more detailed questions, but I was just sitting here reading the message boards ... posts from people who are just now looking into the whole thing ... posts from those who are newly post-op ... and thinking how I have truly been given a gift ... and a new life.

This board has been my support group.  Thank you to all of you!

Jc

(deactivated member)
on 9/4/11 9:06 am
Yay for you!!

You have done a fantastic job with your DS.  You are also lucky to have all these MD's on board.

Michele
nightowl
on 9/4/11 5:57 pm - Topeka, KS
Aww, that is great!  And I am glad that these things are going well for you!