Kinda OT: Zumba

sade07
on 9/3/11 10:41 am - Thunder Bay, Canada
I am considering buying the Zumba for Wii program.  I haven't been exercising for awhile and want to get back on track.  I have heard alot about Zumba and looking for some feedback from anyone who has tried it! 
teachmid
on 9/3/11 10:51 am - OKC, OK
I did it a couple of days with my SIL when I visited last June. I'm not much into exercise, but it was fun.....I really sucked at it, but, for me it was a work-out.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

sade07
on 9/3/11 12:12 pm - Thunder Bay, Canada
 I'm sure I'll suck at it, too LOL!  
clpeltz
on 9/3/11 11:06 am
LOVE Zumba!  I don't do it from a video though, I go to the Y and do it.  It is a great workout and a lot of fun.  At first it is kind of awkward, but it gets better as you learn the routines.  Give it at least a couple of tries before you make a decision.  It is a great way to exercise and it brings your sexy out, lol!

RNY to DS Revision 4/29/2011
Dr. Henry Buchwald

"Think twice.....Cut ONCE"

sade07
on 9/3/11 12:14 pm, edited 9/3/11 12:15 pm - Thunder Bay, Canada
That's good advice!  At least if I order this program, no one will be watching me learn the moves! I'm sure it won't be bringing the sexy out, though!  
Emily F.
on 9/3/11 11:35 am
If you love to dance, you'll like zumba. But I can't say about a game, I've only done classes. So not sure if its the same. Any movement is better than none!
sade07
on 9/3/11 12:18 pm - Thunder Bay, Canada
I used to like to dance although I wasn't great at it!  It has been a long time since I danced, but that aspect is what drew me to it.  Thanks for the advice!  You're right about any movement is better than none...
Jennifer D.
on 9/3/11 11:40 am
I do Aqua Zumba at Goodlife and love it - love the music, stuff like Black Eyed Peas "Tonight's Gonna Be A Good Night". As soon as I am healed I plan to try it on land. I watched Ellen do the Zumba for Konnect - it looks like it could be the fun way to exercise in your living room : ).
                                      Jennifer
          Thank you Cheri and Holly!
       Think twice, cut once! I've had 3 surgeries now, RNY, VSG and DS .
                                Ask me about the DS or visit dsfacts.com
2002 - RNY
2010 - RNY to VSG
2011 - Full DS-August 24th
                HW 311   SW 306  CW 235  GW 150
sade07
on 9/3/11 12:21 pm, edited 9/3/11 12:22 am - Thunder Bay, Canada
I've never heard of it in water! From the research I have been doing, I haven't seen that advertised where I live. As much as I hate to exercise in front of people, I love swimming and water aerobics so I would probably give Aqua Zumba a try if I could! Sounds really fun! Thanks for sharing!

PS. Congrats on your recent surgery! Happy healing! ;)
Emily F.
on 9/3/11 11:05 pm
On September 3, 2011 at 7:21 PM Pacific Time, sade07 wrote:
I've never heard of it in water! From the research I have been doing, I haven't seen that advertised where I live. As much as I hate to exercise in front of people, I love swimming and water aerobics so I would probably give Aqua Zumba a try if I could! Sounds really fun! Thanks for sharing!

PS. Congrats on your recent surgery! Happy healing! ;)
 btw, most classes turn the lights down low. You can barely see in there. Get early and get a spot in the back, you'll be fine.