Question on Physical Lab Tests...Please help!!!

rubytica
on 9/3/11 4:58 am, edited 9/3/11 5:07 am - GA
Hello:

I had a PCP appt yesterday (not as i expected) and he ordered lab exams for my physical.  The 3 month labs will be done at the end of this month and he is requesting a prescription list from my surgeon as he did not even look at my letter.  My surgeon list does not have all the labs recommended by vitalady but I will talk to my surgeon at the end of this month to see if he can add them to the prescription he fills.  

From my annual physical labs, my thyroid, lipid panel and metabolica panel are fine; however I have high and lows in my CBC without differential and my liver panel have high an lows.  Can someone please eexplain me what this means?  Thanks, Ruby

Liver Panel

ALT

9 - 33

H

AST

12 - 41

ALKALINE PHOSPHATASE

42 - 121

BILIRUBIN, TOTAL

0.1 - 1.0

BILIRUBIN, DIRECT

0.0 - 0.2

TOTAL PROTEIN

6.0 - 8.3

ALBUMIN

3.5 - 4.8

ALBUMIN/GLOBULIN RATIO, SERUM/PLASMA

CBC without differential 

WBC, AUTO

3.8 - 10.8

RBC, AUTO

3.75 - 5.00

HGB

11.1 - 14.5

HEMATOCRIT

32.7 - 43.5

PLATELETS, AUTOMATED COUNT

163 - 379

MPV

7.3 - 11.0

MCV

81.0 - 99.0

L

MCH

26.1 - 33.9

L

MCHC

31.8 - 35.0

RDW, BLOOD

12.3 - 16.5

H

MANUAL DIFFERENTIAL?

beemerbeeper
on 9/3/11 1:19 pm - AL
Ruby,
When you posted those labs it screwed up the reply button so people may not be able to figure out how to reply.

If your pcp won't order the labs you need from vita lady's list then you may have to find another pcp.  I don't think Smith is going to do anything other than send you his lab list on a labcorp slip.  I refuse to use labcorp so what i did was write my own lab slip that had all the labs from vita lady's list and I take that list to my pcp and he just has to sign it.

I can't remember what all labs Smith doesn't have included on his slip because when they (Tara) refused to give me the exact same lab slip but on plain paper instead of on paper that said labcorp all over it so I could go to a lab other than labcorp I got pissed off and found another way to get my labs.

~Becky

rubytica
on 9/4/11 12:55 am - GA
 Thanks Becky,  I will make sure I get all my labs.  They cannot send me to labcorp because my primary is Kaiser Permanente so all my PCP wants is for them to write the labs in a prespcription paper and I take that list to KP lab and get them down.

I appreciate your response.

Thanks
Ruby
rbb825
on 9/3/11 5:49 pm - Suffern, NY
Your hemoglobin is bit low, it is best to be higher-most labs
consider 12.0 to be normal.  That along with a low MCV, MCHC
high RDW leads to probable iron deficiency but could also
be a B12 or folate deficiency.  You need more labs to
determine what is actually going on  -

Iron, iron Sat %, TIBC, ferritin, B12 , folate

rubytica
on 9/4/11 12:57 am - GA
 Thanks for your reply.  Yes that is what I was researching and will probably know more when I do my 3 month labs.  I have always had slight anemia, I was taking 1/2 of the iron dosage from vitalady which I plan go full dosage this week. 

Thanks for your response
Ruby