How's YOUR restriction doing?

newyorkbitch
on 9/8/11 1:13 am
Not to scare you...but gravity continues to work after plastic surgery.  What looks flat and boxy on somebody after plastics will look plenty curvy soon enough as gravity does its work.

Time and aging are NOT on our side where skin is concerned.

I had tons and tons of plastics after my DS.  I waited plenty of time to do and I did everything right.  My results were fantastic.  Still,  now it's a few years down the pike....I know I will want to revise/do more plastics soon enough.  It's just the natural sagging process that time and gravity do to everybody.

I remember after my breasts were done I told a nurse in the plastic surgeon's office that I was concerned that there were too high - she told me that I should be thrilled that they came out  so high because soon enough they wouldn't be that high anymore.  And that is what happened,  there is nothing we can do about it.

(deactivated member)
on 9/8/11 6:00 am - Yorktown, VA
Oh, I know!  I'm not expecting things to stay perfect for the next 30 years!  ;)
jonathanac
on 9/8/11 1:14 am - NY
I'm 14 months and can eat a normal sized restaurant meal. I have been able to for a while. Mornings are tighter than evenings, carbs go down pretty damn easily no matter when
Felicia S.
on 9/8/11 1:43 am - Lincoln, NE
It's amazing how different everyone is.  I can eat my largest quantities of food in the morning.  I just ate 2 fried eggs and about 4 ounces of cheddar kielbasa.

Which leads me to another question...just because I can eat a large quatity, should I?

When I'm eating 2 tortillas, 2 fried eggs, and 4 pieces of bacon I feel more than satified eating 1 tortilla, 1 egg, and 2 pieces of bacon.  But, I love to eat and don't feel overly full so continue to eat until just before that too-full feeling.  Maybe I should just stop after half the amount and then if I get hungry again in a few hours I can eat the other half.
HW 264 SW 248 CW 140.8 GW 140 

Victorious_one
on 9/8/11 5:04 am - South Central, PA

I'm 15 months out yesterday.  Restriction is in full force!  For example, I can only eat two grilled wings from KFC, not the 3 I get in a pack.  I can only eat half of a chicken breast.  I can eat two eggs and six slices of bacon, but not at the same time.  I usually eat the bacon first (it takes about 30 minutes), then wait for 30-60 minutes for the eggs (two boiled eggs still takes me about 20 minutes to eat).

If I didn't have this stupid GERD, I think I could probably put away a lot more food.  The meds I'm using for GERD don't work well, so I grab my chest like I'm having an MI every time I eat.  I take one bite, grit teeth from gas pain, drink water, pause, repeat.  That pausing gives me time to get full.

Nicole  Lab rata data link- One-half of a DS couple!  - I'M BELOW GOAL!
 http://bit.ly/DSExp  After a very rough start it's official--I my DS!  Romans 8:28 
Looking for DS information? Start at 
 http://bit.ly/newDS and DSFacts.com 
LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Weight loss tickers         
(deactivated member)
on 9/8/11 5:56 am

I'm also about 2 1/2 years out, and I can eat about 10 - 12 oz. of food at one sitting, depending on what I eat.  If it's very dense food, for instance, steak, at 10 oz I'm pushing it.  If I go too far, with anything, I get that stuffed, uncomfortable feeling, and sometimes it's enough to make me lose my lunch/breakfast/dinner. 

Since I am hypermalabsorptive (just the way I'm made; 75cm cc) I take Creon with my supplements and some meals and snacks, but especially with meat like chicken and beef, since they seem to cause most of the discomfort issues with my restriction.

A salad plate is now a dinner plate for me!
Chad M.
on 9/8/11 6:29 am, edited 9/7/11 6:29 pm - Indianapolis, IN

Sometimes I think I have very little, but when I think about portions logically I do still have some.

I can eat a normal-sized meal. Whatever the small steak is, 6-8 ounces, 10 on a really hungry night, with most of the side and possibly a bit of other stuff (small portion of bread or appetizer).

I can typically eat more early in the day, and the more I eat early in the day, the less I want to eat later. Usual breakfast is 3 eggs and half a pound of bacon. I usually have a protein shake very close to breakfast as well (these do not fill me up at all).

Through the day I will have a protein bar or two, maybe some string cheese. For lunch typically a 7-8 ounce turkey or salami wrap.

What I COULD eat pre-op, and what I DID eat pre-op were often two different things. I certainly could sit down, eat an appetizer, the largest steak on the menu with all sides, bread, etc. I wasn't much for dessert but I could have finished one off if I wanted. I can't eat all of that now.

I'm happy with my restriction. I can eat quite a bit, enough that getting in protein is not an issue, but I can't go completely overboard--at least not in one sitting.

Nina E.
on 9/11/11 11:53 am

I will be 3 years out in oct. My restiction is good. I can eat a normal plate of food. I find if i get too hungry though, i cna only eat a bit. If i rush when eating. same thing. love my restriction. I cant see me ever being bale to eat the same as preop. i could eat 2 full plates of food easily.

Nina ~~   BMI was 52, now 26.1 (normal). From size 26/28 to 10 pants and 2xl/24 shirt to xs/sm shirts. SW/CW/surgean Goal/mynew GW 322/161/180/165     I Heart MY DS!!