How's YOUR restriction doing?

Felicia S.
on 9/2/11 8:47 am - Lincoln, NE
I'm about 2-1/2 years' out and my restriction is still there...although much less than it was the first 6 months.  I can eat about one-third to one-half of the amount that I could pre-op.

Remember those first few months when 2 chicken nuggets from McD's could do us in?  Well, that held true for me anyway.  When I was about 3 months out my dad bought me a 4-piece chicken nugget from Mc"D's and I ate 2 and felt as if I just ate a big Thanksgiving Day meal.  I suppose that's because my doc makes his sleeve's so small.

Now I can eat 6 pieces, a handful of fries, and half a medium diet coke.  I get full, but not uncomfortably so. 

This sort of scares me...but the scale is staying put...soooo...  What I DO need to do is reel in my sugar addiction--but that's a whole different thread.

So how is YOUR restriction doing?
HW 264 SW 248 CW 140.8 GW 140 

MajorMom
on 9/2/11 8:52 am - VA
My restriction is still alive and well. Boy is it well! When I go out to eat with the MADS, they laugh at me because I eat so little. My family will also laugh at times. {sigh} But that's ok because I think I'll have the last laugh.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Felicia S.
on 9/2/11 9:04 am - Lincoln, NE
Mine is situational.  Like yesterday for instance.  I was STARVING!  I got to the restaurant and probably ate about 3 or 4 bites and I was stuffed.  That was frustrating as I was truly craving the food (mexican food)...but I just brought the leftovers home.  I knew if I forced myself to take a few more bites I'd probably get sick.
HW 264 SW 248 CW 140.8 GW 140 

Elizabeth N.
on 9/2/11 9:08 am - Burlington County, NJ
I eat pretty normally, far as I can tell. A quarter pounder with cheese with about 3/4 of the bun and four or five fries and I'm done.  But if I eat it too fast I'm in trouble. Found that out yesterday. UGH. Bellyache city.

* Gail R *
on 9/2/11 9:17 am - SF Bay Area, CA
In the last few months, I have found my restriction to be much less. SADLY!

~Gail R~  high wt.288,  surg wt 274, LW 143, CW 153,  GW164

Kathleen F.
on 9/2/11 9:18 am
Julie R.
on 9/2/11 9:40 am - Ludington, MI
 My restriction is still alive and well - but of course, not nearly what it was as a new-op.    I kinda miss those days!      Tonight for dinner I had five large coconut shrimp and a serving of broccoli/cheddar/sunflower seed salad.     For lunch I had one taco, one half of an enchilada, about1/4 c. beans and some tortilla chips.       This is at easily less than half of what I could have eaten as a pre-op.    I am certainly grateful for my malabsorption!
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

Kayla B.
on 9/2/11 9:45 am - Austin, TX
I can eat a normalish-sized meal.  I don't eat the bread or starch most times, but I can usually polish off all or most of an entree portion (unless I'm at a place famous for big portions, of course).  Then I eat about half.

My weight is still in control and I've been eating like this for at least 2 years, so I'm really not very concerned about it.  I take advantage of my malabsorption by eating high protein and ignoring fat, while watching carbohydrate (though I still eat a fair amount of carbs).

I don't eat chicken nuggets from McDonalds though (too much carb in the breading IMO), so I can't make a comparison.  I will eat the chicken nuggets from Chik Fil A occasionally though.  I usually order 8.

Or the grilled chicken strips at jack in the box, I can eat all 4 and be really full.

I'm not concerned.  I used to polish off 2 full fast food meals with fries, maybe a shake, and a coke.  This is only a fraction of that.
5'9.5" | HW: 368 | SW: 353 | CW: 155 +/- 5 lbs | Angel to kkanne
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/beforefront-1-1.jpg?t=1247239033http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/th_CIMG39903mini.jpg  
(deactivated member)
on 9/2/11 10:10 am
MsBatt
on 9/2/11 10:40 am
I'm coming up on my eight-year mark, and I can eat about twice what I could at six months out. For instance, there's a local seafood restaurant my mom likes, and we went there recently.

I remember the first time I ate there after surgery I was about six months out. I ordered my 'usual', the small jumbo shrimp (lol!), which is six LARGE fried shrimp, a baked potato, two hush puppies, and cole slaw. I managed to eat three of the shrimp, NO hush puppies, a few bites of the potato, and half the cole slaw.

When we ate there a couple of weeks ago, I ordered the same thing. This time I ate ALL the shrimp, most of the cole slaw, about half of one hush puppie, and a few bites of the potato.

My restriction varies from day to day, as does my hunger. Some days I can eat the legs off the table, others have don't really have any interest in food at all.