Lost 3 friends in less than 4 weeks (LONG)

(deactivated member)
on 9/3/11 12:34 pm
Thank you, that makes so much sense!
Elizabeth N.
on 9/3/11 7:00 am - Burlington County, NJ
It is really hard to completely change social circles. Trust me, I've been there and am still working on it. But it is worth it. A fresh start is a marvelous thing, too.

You know, you can have a semi-fresh start right where you are. Try going someplace new, some activity that puts you into a whole new group of people. I did it with changing churches and by delving into my studies. There are lots of ways to do it. And when you do it, don't make ANY of it about weight. That takes some learning, too :-).

Blank Out
on 9/3/11 10:52 am
 Someone, I cannot remember who, posted the following quote:   "Friends are friends for a reason, a season, or a lifetime".  I thought that was wonderful.  As I have gone on this journey, I have found this to be true.  There are people who will no longer talk to me, some who will now who wouldn't before, and others who don't treat me any different than they did before.  This last group I have come to treasure the most!  I have one friend who I thought was a real bud who has totally ignored me ever since.   I was hurt and angry, but then I thought, now I know what kind of so called friend she was all along.  What ever!  Time to embrace your future!  Oh, and my husband and children, all the same.  They love me thick and thin!  No difference!!!!  Go forth and be happy!  Congrats on the very best to come!

HW/ 302  SW/287  CW/140  GW/135

(deactivated member)
on 9/3/11 12:38 pm
What a great quote!  It is so fitting in this situation.  I'm so glad your husband and kids supported you, that's what really matters.  Thank you! 
gak
on 9/3/11 1:17 pm
Revision on 06/21/13
Kinzi,
When I read the title of your post, I thought that the friend had died ! Well in way they have ! So say goodbye and move on. All the posts previoius to mine have stated great things about what has happened. I think it happens to us all at some point during this journey.

You will find new friends. One way some of us did that was with the first DS Cruise this past January. We had a blast. Not sure if your schedule of finances can do it, but it is a thought to get to know others going through the same identical things. There is a link in my siggy line if your interested.

If you can't cruise, find new places to go and new things to do, whether it's to a gym, park, shop different places. Check out social events local and go and have some fun, you will meet people ! 

Hang in there, it gets better with the proper perspective.  

Ginger<><  
 Revision #2 Dr John Rabkin June 21, 2013; First Revision DS - Dr Maguire
  5-18-09; First DS 7-15-2003 Dr Clark Warden = Third time is the charm   

(deactivated member)
on 9/4/11 12:46 pm
Thank you Ginger.  Good advice, I will try to attend other activities to meet new people.  

Oh, and I was wondering if you could PM me with the info about the cruise?  I tried the Facebook link, but I deactivated my Facebook account a few months ago, and don't really want to reactivate it right now.  I would appreciate it.  It's something I would love to do, because I've never been on a cruise before.  It just depends on my finances. 
gak
on 9/4/11 1:10 pm
Revision on 06/21/13
Yes I will go pm it..let me know if you have any questions.

There are many options, onboard credit, group events, etc.

Ginger<><  

gak
on 9/4/11 1:12 pm
Revision on 06/21/13
Kinzi,
your profile is private... I think then you have to add me as a friend first as it will not connect us at this time.

Ginger<><  

Ms. Cal Culator
on 9/4/11 1:45 pm - Tuvalu

You don't need to be "friends" to connect.  Just hit the "contact" button on the bottom of any post the person you want to communicate with has written.

PattyL
on 9/3/11 1:19 pm
 It's no fun to be the fattest girl in the room.  Someone else will get that dubious honor now.  You are no longer a member of their circle.  The circle was based on weight and you wanted to change.  Now you know what those friendships were based on and you can move on!