Lap to DS I am switched

Jennifer D.
on 9/2/11 1:20 pm
Welcome to the dark side, glad all went well! I had to coax my nurses to let me get up, they made me wait two hours after getting to my room - boo. Happy healing : )
                                      Jennifer
          Thank you Cheri and Holly!
       Think twice, cut once! I've had 3 surgeries now, RNY, VSG and DS .
                                Ask me about the DS or visit dsfacts.com
2002 - RNY
2010 - RNY to VSG
2011 - Full DS-August 24th
                HW 311   SW 306  CW 235  GW 150
gak
on 9/2/11 2:11 pm
Revision on 06/21/13
Welcome to the losers bench.. schootching on down to make a spot for you ! 

Ginger<><  
 Revision #2 Dr John Rabkin June 21, 2013; First Revision DS - Dr Maguire
  5-18-09; First DS 7-15-2003 Dr Clark Warden = Third time is the charm   

kathie09
on 9/2/11 5:52 pm - not available
Congratulations!!! What a miracle that the band hadn't done too much damage. I'm so happy for you. I was recently added to the bench (switched August 5th) So I will scoot myself over and make room for you.
kathie09
(deactivated member)
on 9/3/11 1:04 am
Congratulations!!!  Glad you're feeling well and are having such a great recovery!  Still, take it easy.  Sometimes after surgery the exhaustion sneaks up on you.  Don't do too much too soon. 

(deactivated member)
on 9/3/11 2:58 am - TX
Thank you for saying this!! We've had 3 new DS'ers in the past month (all guys) who have just done amazingly well.  We call our post-ops who do well "The Rainbows & Unicorns Club". 

I keep warning them that they need to take it easy and beware of being gored by unicorn horns! But they just look at me and pat me on the head (I'm short) and think "Silly child, you don't know whereof you speak." 

However, the one furtherest out is a month out and showing no signs of slowing down.  I'm thinking Dr Stewart has a new twist that turns post ops into super humans. . .

I love our Lubbock gang!!
(deactivated member)
on 9/3/11 3:42 am
Well, dang, I want to be a member of "The Rainbows & Unicorns Club" too!  I have Dr. Sudan, I hope he can rock some of that magic that Dr. Stewart seems to be giving.  Hope that mojo stretches to NC!  

I haven't even had the DS yet but I've had enough abdominal surgery to know.  You get this feeling of "Wow, that wasn't that bad" and "I feel pretty good today, I think I'll go to the mall!".  And then 15 minutes into your mall visit, WHAM -you want to crawl to the door and die right there.  My band was a super easy recovery.  Kept waiting for the WHAM - never came.  My hysterectomy?  Not so "super easy".   (I know, I know - TMI !!!)
Band to DS
on 9/7/11 11:21 am, edited 2/3/12 11:02 pm
Unfortunately, I had to delete this post due to privacy concerns.

Got a lap band in 2008. Tried hard, but didn't lose much weight & developed swallowing problems. Fought my insurance company for almost a year & finally had a band to DS revision on 5/11/12. Have now lost 125 pounds. Yay!

(deactivated member)
on 9/3/11 11:12 am - TX
Thanks everyone, i can't believe it is done. I have had a pretty easy time after surgery so far, don't want to jinx it. The only problem Dr. Stewart had was I had some scar tissue around the stomach were the band was. He did not want to staple through the scar tissue so I have a little bigger pouch on the top of my stomach but I still have a 3-4 oz stomach. I can honestly say that I have hurt less with this surgery than when I had Lap Band, thank goodness, and the post op diet seems easier to follow. I can swallow without the feeling something is going to get stuck. I had days water wouldn't go down. I can't drink much at a time right now but atleast it goes down smoothly. I will keep you up to date on how things go in the future. I couldn't have gotten through all of this without my LADS support group. My biggest suggestion to someone thinking about doing this, find a support group you can share with, I mean even the most private details, if you can't find one start one.
(deactivated member)
on 9/3/11 1:35 pm
 Well said!  Major like!  No reason to go at it alone when there's all this support out there.  There's no reason to re-invent the wheel.

pycca
on 9/4/11 10:37 am - Haslet, TX
Congratulations !!! we do have an awsome DOC !!!   Glad the bunch in Lubbock are a great group.. ours down here  has fizzled a bit...

It is amazing thing for not having something "stuck" LOL  I remember even waking up and sipping,, thinking to myself gee that went down smooth !!

Debi