Step Two on my journey - check!

(deactivated member)
on 9/2/11 10:46 am
Just got back from the hospital, had my endoscopy done.  (Side note, Versed is AWESOME.  )

Band slipped, diverticulum and ulcer along with dysmotility in my esophagus.  Dr. Sudan (who is so amazing.  What a terrific doctor) tried under fluoro to unfill the band and he couldn't do it.  He said my port was acting very "strangely" and that he had never seen anything like it.  It was flipped and twisted. 

SO, just waiting on my sleep study results and if they are positive, which I think they might be, that should be all Aetna needs to approve.  "Should" being the operative word in that sentence.

I think I would typically be nervous at how real everything is getting but the Versed just makes me feel happy.  :)

So step two - band inspection:  CHECK!

Here we go!
Sher Bear Mama
on 9/2/11 2:55 pm
C, I'm so glad you're on your way!!! We all knew that band had to be slipped with all of the problems you've had with it.  I am sure you and I will be switch sisters very soon!

Rest up and enjoy the DRUGS,

Sher-
Sher--the bear mama

scoob
on 9/2/11 11:20 pm - Somerset, KY
WOW, there SHOULD be no reason for them not to approve you. Hopefullly soon you'll be getting a date! Good luck!

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

(deactivated member)
on 9/3/11 1:01 am
LOL! Oh my gosh, I was just perusing the board and I saw "Step Two..." and I clicked on it and started reading it. I actually thought, "Wow, that happened to me too" before I saw my own avatar! I don't even remember writing that!

Wow, that Versed is good stuff. It's like a mind eraser. Kind of like that pen thing from Men in Black!

Now that I'm out of the fog, I'm still not scared. I'm just sort of determined. We'll see how long that lasts.
Band to DS
on 9/7/11 11:36 am, edited 2/3/12 11:03 pm
Unfortunately, I had to delete this post due to privacy concerns.

Got a lap band in 2008. Tried hard, but didn't lose much weight & developed swallowing problems. Fought my insurance company for almost a year & finally had a band to DS revision on 5/11/12. Have now lost 125 pounds. Yay!