Need a bari buddy to talk to

cass_73
on 9/1/11 5:38 am - Gueydan, LA
My Mom is on the way to Dr. Cunningham to talk about DS, she is nervous and would like to talk to someone who has had the procedure done.  Please send your number and she will call you.... Thank You
beemerbeeper
on 9/1/11 6:38 am - AL
I bet by now she has been told how horrible and terrible the DS is and that she should never consider it.  Close?

~Becky

cass_73
on 9/1/11 6:42 am - Gueydan, LA
She had the sleeve portion done, and lost some, but then started to gain again, and our dr that did both our surgeries has retired so she would just like someone to talk to that has been through it.  She knows that my Roux N Y worked, was 330 and now I am 135, so she is just wondering if the DS really works.
beemerbeeper
on 9/1/11 7:06 am - AL
Why is she going to talk to a doctor who doesn't DO the DS then?

Does she have internet access?  She is going to need to learn to get support for herself if she does get the rest of the DS.  So I recommend you help her get on here and post for herself.  Tons of folks can talk to her then.

What did the doctor recommend for her today?

~Becky

ChristyTal
on 9/1/11 4:32 pm
Boy, does it work!!!!!  Two years out yesterday, and I'm under my goal weight.  One of the best decisions of my life. 

Elizabeth N.
on 9/1/11 11:18 pm - Burlington County, NJ
Yes it works very well, often better than RNY.

I have not heard of Dr. Cunningham performing the DS. How many has he done? How are his results with his patients? How long has he been doing it? How did he learn how to do it? Those are questions I would want answered.

Beware if he says anything about making something that's "like" a DS. Beware if he talks about changing your mother's sleeve. MANY surgeons revise to an "extended" or "long-limbed" RNY and say it's just like a DS. It isn't.

(deactivated member)
on 9/1/11 1:37 pm

The DS *absolutely* works!  Check out my ticker!

(deactivated member)
on 9/1/11 10:26 pm - Lancaster, OH
Okay, but you send me her number and I'll call her, k?
How long ago was her sleeve surgery performed?
Elizabeth N.
on 9/1/11 11:15 pm - Burlington County, NJ
I don't give my number to strangers, but if you would like to send me her number along with proof of real identity, such as a real number and real address, I would call her after I verify the information.

This probably sounds harsh to you, but you see, it is not appropriate to do what you've just done in a forum. We don't know you and so we have no way of being certain that you are legitimate and not an identity thief.

However, I am sincere in my offer to call your mother if you will give me the requested information in a private message. Use the "contact" button at the bottom of the post. Do NOT put it in a reply here in the public forum. I will use publicly accessible databases to verify her identity and will not use that information for anything else.

It would be even better if she would just come on here and use the Internet herself. I'm assuming that your request comes because she doesn't, or does she?

joy2others2
on 9/15/11 1:40 am - Gueydan, LA
I AM CASS_73 'S MOMMA I AM REAL I HAVE A PAGE SINCE 2009 AND IT DOESN'T MATTER DR CUNNINGHAM HAS REFUSED TO DO THE DS ON ME SO I WILL REMAIN FAT.........