Confession: I hate to Cook

Kayla B.
on 9/2/11 1:25 am - Austin, TX
I think I waited maybe 5-6 weeks?  I don't really remember, but I know it wasn't too long.  I remember that it sat really well.  I made sure to chew it and if I got too much connective tissue in a piece that I recognized while chewing, I did go ahead and spit it out.

I always felt like beef jerky was one of the easier things to eat, probably because it takes longer to actually chew and consume.  Sausage was one of the last things that worked for me.

I ate cheese for breakfast and I'm eating beef jerky for my midmorning snack.  I'll probably have some greek yogurt later, and maybe some cottage cheese after that.  I am making brisket for dinner, but to be fair, it was pre-cooked and only needs to be reheated and I'll be eating that for several days.
5'9.5" | HW: 368 | SW: 353 | CW: 155 +/- 5 lbs | Angel to kkanne
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/beforefront-1-1.jpg?t=1247239033http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/th_CIMG39903mini.jpg  
elixir
on 9/1/11 12:52 pm - MI
I have a Better Homes & Gardens low-carb crockpot cookbook. Dumping everything into the pot and leaving it for several hours hardly feels like cooking. And I have yet to make a crockpot meal that I didn't like. Especially perfect in the summer when you don't want to turn the oven on and are too lazy to grill. (I actually like grilling, just don't like all the clean up.)

I am not like I was before. I thought that nothing would change me. ~Sinead O'Connor

Imissthe80s
on 9/1/11 11:52 pm - Louisville, KY
DS on 02/27/12
I have a feeling that the crock pot is going to be my new best friend.  Thanks for the suggestions guys.

P. Poster
on 9/2/11 7:55 am
 The only reason I cook is because I have a child, and apparently it's illegal to not feed them several times a day?  I HATE, LOATHE, LAMENT over cooking.  Hate it.  If we could afford to feed 3 people out of restaurants for 3 meals a day, I would sell every item in my kitchen and never cook again, but, it's just plain too expensive.  And while *I* could live off fast food without any ill effects, my husband and child can not.  Soo, cooking it is.  I do a lot of the same thing, pretty much whatever Ive found the kid will actually eat without argument...  Sloppy joes (sans bread for me), Dreamfields mac & cheese with tons of cheese and ham in it, spaghetti with Dreamfields or Barilla Plus pasta, tacos, fajitas, some kind of protein loaded salad (southwestern chicken, chicken caesar, ect), chicken cheesy rice with brown rice, steak, breakfast for lunch/dinner of eggs & bacon or omelets, crock pot meats like pulled meat BBQ/ribs/roast/chicken something, meximelt pie, beef strganoff with egg noodles, fritatas, ect...  I still dont like to cook, but these are all really easy and fast and they serve their purpose...
(deactivated member)
on 9/2/11 8:57 am - Woodbridge, VA
I hate cooking. Since even before my surgery, my husband and I eat out literally 7 nights a week. Every once in a while, I'll get on a little cooking kick, but it never lasts more than a few weeks, max. I eat out ALL the time. Early out, I loved getting french onion soup; I would order it without bread/croutons and then would eat the cheese off the top and all the broth, leaving most of the onions in the bottom of the dish. As I progressed, I moved on to chili with cheese and sour cream, mozzarella sticks, chicken wings, salads with protein toppings (roasted chicken, hard boiled egg, cheese, nuts, etc., and creamy non-sweet dressing), and now any protein (steak, chicken, fish, pork chops, etc.) with non-starchy vegetable side (broccoli, mashed cauliflower, side salad, green beans...).