Confession: I hate to Cook

Imissthe80s
on 9/1/11 5:51 am - Louisville, KY
DS on 02/27/12
Will I make a terrible DSer if I don't like to cook?  Is it possible to live the DS Life if I don't cook? It's just me and my cats, so I find cooking to be a chore, but am willing to make adjustments.  I need your input.

jenflock
on 9/1/11 6:07 am - TN
NAH you'll be a terrible DSr if you don't take your vitamins.  Hating to cook will be ok. Become friends with your local deli people..they have R. chicken and deviled eggs and all sorts of goodies.  and eating out is A LOT more fun anyhow.  Altho cooking does help break up the initial low carb boredom..you can play with recipes and make them suit your DS.  also there are a million conveniance foods at the grocery store that you can utilize.  I do believe a couple of the Vet are kitchen avoiders..they may be able to help you more than I can

beemerbeeper
on 9/1/11 7:32 am - AL
I never cooked and I still don't.  I also don't eat out or do fast food.  I've learned to fix a few things like Brok's pizza and egg casserole and Thank God for Paula Dean PB cookies etc...  And I "fix" steak and chicken and eggs and bacon and stuff like that.

If you don't want to even cook those type things I think it would be hard.  

So I guess it depends on how you define "cook."

~Becky

Raven300
on 9/1/11 9:14 am, edited 9/1/11 9:14 am
 Learn to grill!  Grilling is super simple and fast! You can grill any type of protein and you can cook up a batch and refrigerate for when you are feeling lazy and just want to grab something right out of the fridge and pop it in your mouth.  You can always buy marinades or sauces from the grocery store to make your meals even tastier.

HW-345,SW-300, CW-144lbs.  DS 5/11/10. 
     First round of plastics with Dr. LoMonaco 11/8/11  LBL, BL. 14lbs of skin removed.
     2nd round with Dr. LoMonaco 2/8/12 Brachioplasty, Thigh lift,  Breast Implants.

(deactivated member)
on 9/1/11 9:20 am - Saint Louis, MO
I very, very, very rarely cook.  I live on McDoubles, Jimmie Johns unwiches, etc, etc.. I can always find something somewhere.
beth-28
on 9/1/11 9:34 am
I hate to cook too! That being said, I don't mind throwing things into the crockpot and having a meal come out a couple of hours later. I found this site on facebook and they also have a website...the Crock Pot Girls (FB) and CrockPotGirls.com.

Literally thousands of recipes, so I am sure there are lots of DS friendly ones on there. I've been drooling looking at some of them!
When push comes to shove....shove hard!

Never regret anything, because at one time it was exactly what you wanted.

Anna G.
on 9/1/11 10:24 am
You'll be fine! You won't be at any more of a disadvantage than the average person who doesn't cook. I don't cook either, and I do just fine. You can go to ANY restaurant and order food with no bread, whether it's a steak, a plate full of barbecue, or a grilled chicken salad with extra cheese and blue cheese dressing. If you do fast food, any of them will serve any sandwich with no bread, in a bowl, with a fork. No biggie. :)

"Just Elizabeth "
on 9/1/11 10:40 am - Houston, TX
I didn't cook prior to my DS. I do now but I found I really love it. The easiest thing to do is some 3 or 4 ingredient crock pot recipes. My favorite is a chuck roast, 1 envelope onion soup mix, 1 can cream of mushroom soup and one can of sliced mushrooms WITH the juice. Dump it all in the crock pot and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Easy and VERY yummy!!!

Elizabeth                                                      
Back in the U.S.A.

"I have lost the lumbering hulk that I once was.  I don't hide behind my clothes or behind my door.  I am part of life's rich tapestry not an observer."  Kirmy

Kayla B.
on 9/1/11 11:32 am - Austin, TX
Sometimes I eat beef jerky for dinner.

You can too.

You'll be fine.

Hell, I'm sure there are DSers that live on fast food around here somewhere.
5'9.5" | HW: 368 | SW: 353 | CW: 155 +/- 5 lbs | Angel to kkanne
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/beforefront-1-1.jpg?t=1247239033http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/th_CIMG39903mini.jpg  
Imissthe80s
on 9/1/11 11:51 pm - Louisville, KY
DS on 02/27/12
I freakin' love beef jerky.  I suspect I will have to be pretty far out, though, before I can have some.