Beating the Dead Horse...Probiotics

Mommy2006
on 9/1/11 8:54 am
 I've been thinking about switching probiotics, so the link was helpful. Gonna bookmark the blog, too!

J G.
on 9/1/11 5:42 pm
Des, I took probiotics for months before my DS and stopped only for the few days I was in the hospital.  I think it really helped me avoid some of the bathroom misery others speak of during the recovery period.
Janet P.
on 9/1/11 10:02 pm
I take 2 primal defense ultra every day (and have been for at least 6 years). I also take 2 devrom 3x a day (with each main meal). I think for me it does help (some) with the odor - honestly couldn't imagine what it would be like without it. Devrom doesn't work for everyone and you have to be consistent with it. I also take a good powdered fiber every day.

There are so many benefits from probiotics, mainly to keep the balance of "good bugs" versus "bad bugs" in your digestive system. In my 8+ years as a DSer I've never had a bacterial infection, never been on flagyl, and my daily "routine" has stayed consistent throughout.

To my knowledge it doesn't help absorb nutrients.

I also don't do any protein supplements. I get all of my protein from food, which is at a minimum 100 grams per day.

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

Imissthe80s
on 9/1/11 11:55 pm - Louisville, KY
DS on 02/27/12

Thanks for the responses everyone!